- Course Code: UKVC18AAW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Alcohol at Work Awareness
Alcohol is not harmful when consumed in moderation, but the effects of alcohol abuse and dependency can be severe. Problematic drinking not only affects an individual’s private life, but can also have a detrimental impact on their performance at work. This can result in decreased productivity, low morale and high absence rates. 7% of adults regularly exceed recommended safe limits for alcohol consumption. This means that most organisations will employ workers with problematic drinking habits at some point and it is best to prepare in advance for the possibility that an employee may at some stage require help to overcome their alcohol abuse or addiction.
Alcohol abuse is a sensitive subject and employers may feel ill-prepared to approach and assist employees who need help. Fortunately, organisations can learn how to reduce levels of problematic drinking among their employees, offer support to workers who need help controlling their alcohol intake and take steps to create a healthy, safe working environment. This course contains practical advice for employers across all sectors.
You Will Learn
- What alcohol misuse and addiction are, why problematic drinking has negative effects on both an employee and their organisation and why employers have a legal duty to address alcohol abuse in the workplace.
- Why every employer needs to draw up a comprehensive alcohol policy and the key issues to consider when putting together a policy document.
- How to spot signs of alcohol abuse in the workplace, how to approach an employee who misuses alcohol and the support an employee may require during treatment.
- Why some workers are more likely than others to abuse alcohol, how a working environment can contribute to alcohol misuse and the role of screening in the workplace.
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- If you are in a supervisory role, you will benefit from learning how to identify the most common signs of alcohol abuse in your team.
- If you work in an HR role, this course will provide you with valuable background information regarding alcohol abuse. This will help you offer support to employees who engage in problematic drinking.
- If you are in a management or HR role, you will benefit from the opportunity to learn how to put together an effective alcohol policy.
- If you are considering a career in occupational health, this course will provide you with a useful introduction to the impact of alcohol on employees and organisations.
Who can take the Alcohol at Work Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Alcohol at Work Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.