- Course Code: UKVC18BPA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Bipolar Awareness Certificate
One in six adults have a common mental health condition, and 1% have bipolar disorder. Awareness and understanding of mental illness can go a long way in promoting mental health not just in affected individuals but society as a whole.
This course contains a practical overview of bipolar disorder, its causes, treatment and the impact it has on an individual’s everyday life. It also outlines the steps employers and workers can take to support someone diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
What You Will Learn
- What bipolar disorder is, the main symptoms and the signs that accompany depressed, manic and mixed episodes
- How bipolar is diagnosed, why it is important to treat it in a timely manner and how it is treated using medication and therapy
- The challenges faced by people living with bipolar disorder and how lifestyle changes can help them manage the condition
- How and why employers should support workers with bipolar disorder and how to uphold the legislation that protects people with the condition from discrimination
Benefits of Taking the Course
- If you know someone with confirmed or suspected bipolar disorder, this course will give you a valuable insight into their condition
- If you work with someone diagnosed with bipolar disorder, this course will help you support them in a sensitive manner
- If you are a business owner or manager, this course will highlight your obligations under the law with regards to supporting someone with a chronic mental illness
- If you work in an HR role or have an interest in occupational health, you will benefit from this insight into the difficulties people with bipolar disorder face in the workplace
Who can take the Bipolar Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Bipolar Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.