- Course Code: UKMEC18BMC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 9 hours
- Cost: £199.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Bridal Makeup Certificate
This Bridal Makeup mini course gives you everything you need to know about becoming a freelance bridal makeup artist. At the conclusion of this course, participants have the knowledge they need to successfully work as a freelance bridal makeup artist.
The course covers many topics related to becoming a skilled and effective artist, as well as how to attract a robust clientele. We have developed this course to give students important information about how to succeed in this highly competitive field.
Throughout the course, students are provided with instruction, tips and techniques for applying and styling makeup for brides, including methods for priming the face, applying foundation and creating the perfect bridal smoky eye. The course also goes into the specific details involved in starting and running a freelance company. Students of this course further learn about the tools and equipment they need to succeed as a bridal makeup artist.
At the conclusion of the course, students receive a diploma, proving they have successfully completed each module.
What You Will Learn
This course was designed to give a total overview of what is involved in becoming a freelance bridal makeup artist:
Here’s what the course covers:
- Information about the various products and brands that are recommended
- Best techniques to use when working with oily or dry skin
- How and why you should prepare the skin before applying any makeup
- The importance of a trial run
- Incorporating the bride’s signature style into the look you create
- The best way to deal with difficult clients
- How to create the perfect smoky eye for a bride
- Marketing strategies you can use to expand your client base
Benefits of the Bridal Makeup Mini-Course
This bridal makeup course includes the following benefits:
- An affordable course that gives you all the information you need to successfully and confidently work as a makeup artist
- A curriculum that is easy to understand, divided into 5 complete modules
- The achievement of knowing how to market your business to get more customers
- Learn a variety of techniques you can use to create the perfect bridal look
- Understanding the importance of customer service
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
- The importance of having a makeup trial and tips on how to ensure it is a success
- The types of tools and equipment you need to complete a bride’s makeup
- Information about the various types of makeup brushes that are available
- Recommended brands of skincare products, brushes and cleansers
- How to prepare the eyelid for a smoky eye look
- Techniques involved in applying the base coat of eye shadow
- How to add a smoky appeal to your base coat
- Tips and techniques about eyeliner, mascara and false lashes
- The importance of using primer
- How to properly apply concealer depending on the type
- Tips on how to smoothly apply foundation
- Information on contouring
- The best methods to use for appointment booking
- How to accept payment and what to do if it is late
- Why you should think about offering extra services
- How to deal with difficult brides
- Which important legal decisions you must make early on
- How to organise your finances
- Tips on how to attract clients
- Information about filling your kit
Who can take the Bridal Makeup Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Bridal Makeup Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 9 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.