- Course Code: UKMEC16CTM
- Location: Onli
- Duration: 6 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Communication Techniques for Managers
The Communication Techniques for Managers course will give you the skills to help you to communicate better in the workplace. This course is packed with information for new and current managers on how they can learn to better communicate with their team. It will also teach you how to communicate with those who may have different types of communication methods to you.
People who are entering into a management career or position must have the right communication skills to truly be successful. These skills, known as soft skills, are how we deal with people and life in general, and the skills are an extremely important part of any career as a manager. By taking this course, you will learn these communication skills and how to apply them to your daily working life. Additionally, you will learn about how to speak to others and handle conflict.
Introduction to the Communication Techniques for Managers Course
This is an internet course, which helps you to study when you can at a pace that you find comfortable. You can still work at your current job when taking this course, and only study when it is convenient for you.
You can access the course from any device that allows you to connect to the internet, and you also will receive online support when you need it. This course is also organised in a way that allows you to easily manage each module.
When completing this course, there is a final, multiple choice test, and when you pass it, you will receive your certificate in Communication Techniques for Managers. This certificate can be downloaded and printed, or, we can post the certificate to you at an additional cost.
What You Will Learn
The Communication Techniques for Managers course has been designed to offer students a comprehensive overview of how to effectively communicate with others as a manager.
The course covers:
- The attributes of an effective communicator
- The concept of soft-skills versus hard-skills
- The importance of human interactions in the workplace
- The different types of communication styles
- Important communication strategies that managers should employ
- Why listening, posture, and modulation are all important to understand
- How to interact with others effectively
- Creating an environment that empowers employees
- How to build and manage teams
- Conflict resolution
Benefits of a Communication Techniques for Managers Certificate
There are numerous benefits to completing your Communications Techniques for Managers certification online, which include:
- The ability to study from anywhere and at any time that you find to be suitable. This can be at home, at work on your lunch break, or even at a local coffee shop.
- You can study at a pace that you find comfortable. There is no time limit, so you can complete the course in a couple of days, or even months.
- You can use any device, such as a tablet, PC, or even a mobile phone, to access the course.
- This course is divided into sections called modules, which allow you to easily find good starting and stopping points for your studies.
- Online support for your course is available, which will help you to stay on track.
- You will learn from a comprehensive syllabus, which helps to fast-track your career in management.
- Your certificate will help to improve your chances of finding work
- There is an affordable pricing structure, which makes this a great investment.
- Definition, importance and relevance of soft skills in the workplace
- Importance of people interactions and people skills
- The concept of self-awareness in a manager
- Pros and cons of different types of management styles
- Why strong communication skills are crucial to workplace success
- Effective communication strategies for managers
- Active listening skills (barriers to listening and tips to listen actively)
- Body language, posture, gestures
- Successful interaction in the workplace
- Trust, employee independence and accountability
- Patience as a valuable managerial communication skill
- How to create an empowering environment and motivate employees
- Factors that promote high performance team building
- Assigning roles to each member; selecting the right team
- Techniques for team empowerment
- Incentives and motivation
- Causes of workplace conflict
- Different conflict styles including interdependence, competition, personality clashes etc.
- Conflict behaviours and resolution strategies; interest-based relational approach
- Ideas and insights on transforming negative workplace experiences into positive experiences
Who can take the Communication Techniques for Managers course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Communication Techniques for Managers course?We estimate that the course will take about 6 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.