- Course Code: UKFEC17BCC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Computers and Internet for Beginners
The introduction to computers course is ideal for anyone who is looking to learn basic computer and internet skills. This is an excellent course for students, teachers, professionals or anyone who would like to learn more about computers, the internet and social media.
Technology is evolving every day, and with a basic understanding of computers, not only can you communicate with a wider variety of people, but you can also get ahead in your personal and professional life. As you work through this course, you will obtain an overview of basic computer and internet skills and how to stay safe while you are online.
With this online course all of your course information is available whenever and wherever you require it. You are awarded the opportunity to study at a pace that is comfortable for you, which means you can access the course information 24 hours a day.
You can access the course with any internet enabled device, and you will receive complimentary online support while you train. Furthermore, you will find the course to be incredibly easy to go through thanks to the flexible modules.
Upon completion of this course and a multiple choice exam, you will be awarded your certificate. We can post your certificate to you for an additional cost, or you can download and print the certificate at home.
What You Will Learn
The introduction to computers course has been written to give students a full overview of basic computer skills, and it will put you on the fast track to success. The course covers the following:
- An introduction to computers
- Fixing mistakes and working with files
- Using your computer for daily tasks
- Keyboard shortcuts and applications
- What is the internet and basic internet skills
- How to use the internet
- How to use the Cloud
- How to use your email and social media
- How to stay safe on the internet
- Help buying computers
Benefits of the Introduction to Computers Certificate
When you work towards earning your introduction to computers certificate online, you will find a number of benefits. These include the following:
- You can study from anywhere there is a valid internet connection and you can study at a time that is convenient for you.
- You can also study at a pace that is comfortable for you. There is no time limit, so if it takes you days or months, you can still complete the course.
- The capability to study from any device including computers, mobile phones or tablets.
- There are easily manageable modules, which help to make studying an enjoyable experience.
- Friendly and convenient online support is available to help you stay on track.
- A comprehensive syllabus, which virtually guarantees that you will get the knowledge you require to work with computers in your personal and professional life.
- Improving your prospects when applying for work in your prospective industry.
- When completing the course, you will receive a certification that is respected in the industry.
- A pricing structure that is affordable.
- The different parts that make up a computer
- How to turn on and operate a computer
- How to use a mouse and keyboard
- How to use an operating system
- What to do when you make a mistake when using a computer
- How to undo and redo actions on a computer
- How to create, edit and delete files and folders
- How to locate files and folders on a computer
- How to understand the Menu Bar
- How to cut, copy, and paste
- How to undo changes
- How to adjust the settings on your computer
- What keyboard shortcuts are
- How to use keyboard shortcuts in Windows
- How to use keyboard shortcuts in Mac OS
- How to use Windows applications
- What the internet and the world wide web is
- How the internet works
- Activities that you can do on the internet
- Choosing an internet service provider and setting up internet
- How to get online with a web browser
- How to identify the parts of an internet browser
- How to use a search engine to find information
- How to navigate a website
- How to use the cloud on the internet
- How to create effective usernames and passwords
- How to use sign-up forms
- How to use bookmarks and tabs
- How to send and receive electronic mail
- How to use advanced email features
- How to manage your email inbox
- The most popular social networking sites
- How to create strong account passwords
- How to avoid common password mistakes
- How to recognise internet threats
- How to avoid spam and phishing
- The different types of computers
- What you can use your computer for
- How much you should spend on a computer
- Choosing a processor, memory and operating system
Who can take the Computers and Internet for Beginners Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Computers and Internet for Beginners Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.