- Course Code: UKMET15ICD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 4 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Introduction to Cake Decorating Diploma
The Introduction to Cake Decorating course was written for students who are interested in learning more about cake decorating. This programme will put you on the right path to starting a career or advancing your career in the industry.
There are a variety of icings that you can use to decorate your cakes including fondant, ganache and buttercream. Each icing will give your cake a different taste and look. As you work your way through this course, you gain an overview of the different methods you can use to decorate cakes. You will also learn how you can start your own business in the industry.
This is an online course, which offers students the unique opportunity to study course material at their own pace. If you needed to, you could continue working full time and still finish the course in a reasonable amount of time.
You can access the material from any internet-enabled device and receive online support while you study. Additionally, you will find that our courses are incredibly easy to navigate, thanks to the flexible modules.
Upon successful course completion, you will be required to pass a multiple-choice exam, and then you will be awarded your diploma. You can download and print the diploma from home, or for a small cost, we can post it to you.
What you Will Learn
The cake decorating course has been written to fast track your success in the industry. The course covers the following information:
- How to create winning recipes
- How to run and market your business
- Deciding on a niche
- Working with chocolate
- Working with different frostings
- Piping and how to make a piping bag
- Rosettes and other designs
- Uses for cake display stands
- What to consider when purchasing wedding cake stands
Benefits of the Cake Decorating Course Diploma
There are several benefits that students will experience when taking the cake decorating course. These include the following:
- Study from anywhere with an internet connection at any time that is convenient for you.
- There is no time limit, so if it takes you days or months, you will still complete the course.
- The ability to study from any device including a tablet, PC or mobile phone.
- Short, easy to manage course modules.
- Online support to help you stay on track.
- A syllabus which guarantees that you will receive the knowledge necessary to become a professional cake decorator.
- The opportunity to improve your prospects while you apply for work in the industry.
- Receive a certified and recognised diploma.
- An affordable pricing structure.
- About Creating Winning Recipes
- About Baking and Decorating
- About Running and Marketing Your Business
- How to Decide on a Niche
- About fondants
- How to use icing colourings
- About using buttercream icing
- What ganache is and how to use it on your cakes
- Piping & how to make a piping bag
- Rosettes & other designs
- How you can embellish your cakes
- The best methods for perfectly stacking your cakes
- What the main uses for cake display stands are
- How to create simple cupcake stands at home
- About wedding cake stands
- The factors you should consider when purchasing wedding cake stands
Who can take the Cupcake Academy: Introduction to Cake Decorating course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Cupcake Academy: Introduction to Cake Decorating course?We estimate that the course will take about 4 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.