- Course Code: UKVC18DTW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The Dangers of Texting While Walking Certificate
The implications that texting while walking may cause are often overlooked; we all know the dangers of texting and driving but we need to be aware that texting and walking can be just as harmful. Accidents and other problems caused by texting and walking are becoming increasingly more common, particularly because we tend to lose awareness of our surroundings and are not as alert as we should be.
In this course, we will be looking at both the readily apparent as well as the hidden dangers most commonly associated with texting while walking. Some of the items we will be discussing include our increased vulnerability to accidents, the physical effects of texting while walking, the impact texting and walking has on our social skills and how texting while walking makes us easy targets for attack.
You Will Learn:
- Why texting while walking is dangerous and what some of the most commonly associated dangers are
- How texting while walking makes us more vulnerable to accidents, particularly on the street
- The effect that texting while walking has on us physically, including on our posture, balance and walking style
- How texting while walking impacts on our social skills and the ability to effectively communicate with others – and how we can prevent this
- How texting while walking makes us more likely to be targeted for crime
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will gain insight into the many dangers of texting while walking
- You will learn how texting while walking increases our vulnerability to accidents and attacks, the physical effects texting while walking has on us and how our social skills may be impacted
- Your knowledge of these dangers will allow you to take preventative measures and avoid some of the risks associated with texting while walking
- Your knowledge will encourage you to think twice before taking your phone out on the street
Who can take the Dangers of Texting While Walking Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Dangers of Texting While Walking Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.