- Course Code: UKVC18DHE
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.75 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Dealing with HMRC in Relation to New Employees
When recruiting a new employee, it is important to observe HMRC’s rules and regulations concerning pay, tax, National Insurance contributions, and employment status. You need to accurately report this information in a timely manner, or else risk a penalty.
This course will teach you how and when to collect relevant information from new employees, how to process it in a safe and secure manner, and how to ensure that new starts are paid correctly and on time from the beginning of their time with your company.
You Will Learn:
- When and how to collect information from new employees
- How to set a new employee up on your payroll system, and how to report changes in employment status to HMRC
- How to use the information included in a P45
- How to automatically set up student loan deductions when entering a new employee onto your system
- How to make sure employee data is kept safe and secure
- How to ensure your new employee receives their first wages on time
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are responsible for payroll and bookkeeping at work, this course will help you fulfil your legal duties in accordance with HMRC regulations
- This course will help you organise and store sensitive data in an appropriate manner, upholding employee privacy
- This course will help make the onboarding process as smooth and efficient as possible
- Ensuring a new hire is paid on time will maintain morale and get your employee-employer relationship off to a good start
Who can take the Dealing with HMRC in Relation to New Employees Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Dealing with HMRC in Relation to New Employees Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.