- Course Code: UKVC18DSW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Dealing with Stress, Anxiety & Depression in the Workplace Certification
Preventing physical injury in the workplace should be a key concern for all employers, but any approach to worker wellbeing needs to factor in mental health. In addition, employers also need to be aware that workplace violence is a relatively common occurrence across many industries.
In this course, you will learn how to identify stress, anxiety, depression and violence in the workplace. With reference to Health and Safety law, you will discover how to fulfil your legal obligations and support employee wellbeing.
You Will Learn
- Why employers need to take psychological distress and violence in the workplace seriously
- The causes of workplace stress, signs of stress and the symptoms of burnout
- How and why employers should identify and support those suffering workplace stress
- How employers can identify mental health problems in the workplace and how they can best support those with mental health problems and addictions
- How employers can reduce the risk of workplace violence and support victims of violence
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law
- If you are a worker, this course will alert you to the dangers of workplace stress and encourage you to seek help if necessary
- If you work in an HR role, this course will help you work with managers to devise effective stress management policies
- If you are a manager, this course will help you better understand a common problem – mental distress – that affects a significant minority of your team
- If you are interested in occupational health and safety, this course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of several key risks facing modern workers
Who can take the Dealing with Stress, Anxiety & Depression in Workplace Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Dealing with Stress, Anxiety & Depression in Workplace Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.