- Course Code: UKVC19EFA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 6 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Emergency First Aid Certification
First aid skills save lives. The first few minutes following an accident or other emergency are crucial and timely intervention can make all the difference. Whatever your industry or professional background, knowing how to administer basic first aid will stand you in good stead to assist someone in need.
In this course, you will learn basic first aid techniques that you can use to treat casualties who are suffering from a variety of injuries and ailments, including burns, blood loss and shock. You will learn how to assess an emergency situation, how to keep yourself safe and how to keep casualties as comfortable and safe as possible whilst waiting for professional help to arrive.
You Will Learn:
- How to undertake a primary assessment of a casualty’s condition, how to employ the ABC protocol to gain an overview of the situation and how to place someone in the recovery position.
- The purpose of CPR, when it is performed, how it is carried out and how the process must be modified to meet the needs of children, infants and pregnant women.
- How to minimise blood loss if someone is bleeding, how to assess and bandage a wound, what to do if there is a foreign object embedded in a wound and how to identify and treat shock.
- The difference between mild and severe cases of choking, how to identify instances of each and how to dislodge obstructions in both adults and children using appropriate combinations of back blows and abdominal thrusts.
- How to cool and bandage a burn, how to minimise further skin damage, how to decide whether a burn warrants professional medical attention and what to bear in mind when assisting a casualty with chemical or electrical burns.
- How to manage an incident, keep yourself and others safe when administering first aid and pass on relevant information to emergency services personnel.
- How to identify the signs of a spinal injury, how to decide whether a head injury warrants professional medical attention and how to treat eye injury and irritation.
- How to tell when someone has broken a bone, the symptoms and signs of a muscle sprain and how to help someone who has received an electric shock.
- The most common symptoms of an epileptic attack, how to respond when someone has a seizure and the information you must record when someone has a fit.
- How to remember and identify the signs of a heart attack or stroke and when to summon help.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- You will feel confident in helping an ill or injured casualty.
- You will be able to judge whether professional medical assistance is required.
- You will be able to guide others in an emergency situation and pass on your knowledge to others in the workplace.
- If you work with elderly people or children, you will benefit from understanding how and why these groups require slightly different first aid interventions.
- If you are interested in a career in the healthcare field, you will benefit from this introduction to some of the most common sources of injury in day-to-day life.
Who can take the Emergency First Aid in Workplace Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Emergency First Aid in Workplace Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 6 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.