- Course Code: UKVC18FSC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Food Safety Cross Contamination Certificate
According to the Food Standards Agency (FSA), there are over 500,000 cases of food poisoning in the UK every year. Not only are these illnesses unpleasant, they can also be fatal in a minority of cases.
Cross-contamination is a common cause of food poisoning. It can occur in any kitchen or premises that handles both raw and ready-to-eat foods. Fortunately, with appropriate safety controls and hygiene measures, it can be eliminated. This course will teach you how to reduce the risk of cross-contamination in the workplace.
You will Learn:
- What cross-contamination is, how it occurs, and the types of bacteria that cause most foodborne illnesses
- Why you must take every reasonable measure to separate raw and ready-to-eat foods, and how to implement FSA guidelines on food separation
- How an ongoing cleaning schedule can prevent cross-contamination, and practical advice on how to clean work surfaces
- Why and how personal hygiene and hand-washing procedures are important in reducing the risk of cross-contamination
Benefits of taking this Course:
- If you work in a kitchen, this course will help you work in a safe, hygienic manner that safeguards the health of your customers and colleagues
- If you are responsible for carrying out risk assessments in your place of work, this course will help you ascertain whether or not there is a reasonable risk of cross-contamination
- If you are a business owner, this course will help you meet your obligations under food safety law
- If you are interested in public health, this course will give you a valuable insight into an area of ongoing concern in the food and catering industries
Who can take the Food Safety Cross Contamination Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Food Safety Cross Contamination Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.