- Course Code: UKVC19FOO
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Food Safety Level 2
Guaranteed food safety is the foundation on which every food serving establishment is based on. If that guarantee is non-existent, then we risk the lives of employees and consumers. It is imperative that we learn and practise proper food safety at all levels of the business. In the Level 1 course, we covered the general information that all should know for food safety and hygiene.
In Level 2, we explore the depths of each area that has an impact on food safety. We begin with refreshing your knowledge of contamination then delve into cross contamination, food poisoning and other food related illnesses. This is followed by a discussion about personal hygiene, work area sanitisation, proper food storage and legal obligations of businesses in the food industry. Finally, we identify legal issues that may arise from improper food safety, giving you additional tips to help prevent legal issues.
You Will Learn:
- The various food safety hazards and their causes, specifically food poisoning and food related illnesses
- How personal hygiene, work area and storage cleanliness affect food safety
- Legal obligations of food safety for industry professionals
- Measures and tips to maintain HACCP and Food Standards Agency criteria
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Build competence and understanding of various food safety hazards
- Learn the importance of proper food handling and preparation, as well as, personal hygiene, work environment cleanliness and storage
- Understand the importance of food hygiene, associated food safety hazards, good hygiene practice and controls based upon an awareness of food safety management systems
- Recognise the importance of food safety for industry professionals
- Understand the legal obligations of food safety compliance
- You will have an understanding of how to maintain good food hygiene practices which meet the assessment standards of the Food Standards Agency and enforcement
Who can take the Food Safety Level 2 Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Food Safety Level 2 Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.