- Course Code: UKVC19FRE
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The Freedom of Information Act Course
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) ensures that public bodies and organisations uphold the principles of transparency and trustworthiness when it comes to storing and sharing information.
It outlines how and why organisations must share details of their activities with the public.
In this course, you will learn about the history and purposes of the FOIA, how it is implemented and what it means for individuals and companies in the public sector.
You will Learn:
- Why the UK government passed the FOIA, the principles behind the act and the bodies that fall within its scope
- The circumstances under which information falls into the remit of the act, who can make a request for information and how organisations should respond to requests
- The main duties you have under the Act, including the duty to proactively publish information detailing the activities of your organisation
- Additional pieces of legislation that you may need to consider when publishing and sharing information under the FOIA, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Equality Act 2010
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- If you work for a body covered by the act, this course will help you fulfil your obligations under the law
- If you wish to make a request for information under the act, this course will help you understand your rights
- If you are interested in privacy and data protection issues, this course will help further your understanding of these topics
- If you have a general interest in UK law, this course will further your knowledge of a variety of legal issues
Who can take the Freedom of Information Act Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Freedom of Information Act Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.