- Course Code: UKMET15FBM
- Location: Online
- Duration: 6 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Full Body Massage Diploma
The full body massage course is packed full of everything you need to know to become a massage therapist. After completion of this programme, you will be well versed in the various massage techniques and prepared for success in the industry.
The course has everything from massage techniques to anatomy, and the different equipment needs you will have. The programme offers students a clear understanding of the job and how to succeed as a massage therapist.
This online course provides students with the unique ability to learn the course material when it is most convenient for them. Many students are even able to continue working, while finishing their coursework in a reasonable amount of time.
Your training material is readily available from any internet-enabled device and you will also have access to online support while you study.
Before completing your course, you will be required to pass a comprehensive test, which will award you with your diploma. You can download and print the diploma, or for a small cost, we will post it to you.
What you Will Learn
The full body massage course has been written to provide students with a complete overview of massage therapy and will put you on the fast track to success. This course covers the following:
- The effects of massage therapy
- A look at the anatomy of the body
- The different types of oils you will use
- Reflexology and treating different parts of the body
- Full body massage
- Swedish massage
- Lomi Lomi massage
Benefits of the Full Body Massage Diploma
When you study for the full body massage diploma, you will find that you experience several benefits. These include:
- The opportunity to train from anywhere, at any time.
- Since there is no time limit for this class, you can study at your pace; if it takes you days, weeks or even months, you will still complete your course.
- Study from any internet-enabled device including mobile phones, tablets and computers.
- Easy to read courses thanks to the short modules, making studying an enjoyable experience.
- Enjoy the convenient online support, which helps to keep students on track while they train.
- Training from an all-inclusive course syllabus, which helps you gain the skills necessary to begin a career in massage therapy.
- Improve your prospects when seeking out potential clients.
- Earning a certified and recognised diploma upon course completion.
- An affordable tuition experience.
- What massage therapy is and about the heritage/ traditions of massage therapy
- How effective massage therapy can be as treatment and how it works
- The different types of massages and the different techniques they use
- What psychological and physical effects massage therapy has on the body
- About human anatomy and what it means
- All about the central nervous system and the role it plays in the body
- About the structure of the skeletal system and where to locate specific parts of the body
- About the different systems in the body
- About the equipment that is used in massage therapy
- How to use the equipment required for the job
- The different types of oil that can be used
- About the structure of massage tables and how to use them properly
- What kind of massage techniques you can use throughout your career
- About the different types of massage strokes that are used
- What other types of therapies can be used alongside massage techniques
- About reflexology and how to treat different parts of the body
- What a full body massage is
- About the 6 steps involved in performing a full body massage
- What you should look to discuss in the initial client consultation
- Video guide showing how to perform proper techniques
- About the history of Swedish massage
- What happens in a Swedish massage session
- The techniques required to perform Swedish Massage
- A video tutorial guiding you through the whole process
- What a Lomi Lomi massage is
- Where the term originated and how it developed into popular culture
- How to give a Lomi Lomi massage
- How to fully understand the teachings and mantras of Lomi Lomi culture
Who can take the Full Body Massage Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 7 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 7 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 7 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Full Body Massage Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 6 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.