- Course Code: UKVC18HAC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
HAACP – Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Certificate
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system is an internationally-recognised approach to managing and monitoring food safety risks. It is underpinned by seven principles that, when properly utilised, protect consumers from food-related hazards.
This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the HACCP principles and will explain how they apply in real-life situations.
You will Learn:
- How HACCP started
- Where HACCP was first used
- The seven principles that make up HACCP
- How to conduct a hazard assessment
- What is meant by the term ‘critical control points’
- How to locate critical control points
- The role of critical limits in reducing food safety risks
- Why you must implement a reliable set of monitoring procedures, and what to do, if you identify a problem
- The role of sound record keeping in HACCP, and how to check that your safety measures are working
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Anyone who works in the food industry will benefit from learning about HACCP and its applications
- If you own a food business, this course will help you meet your obligations under the law
- If you are responsible for supervising others or undertaking risk assessments, this course will help you identify potential hazards
- If you have an interest in consumer or occupational health, this course will be a valuable introduction to a key topic within the food safety field
Who can take the HACCP Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 0 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 0 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 0 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the HACCP Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.