- Course Code: UKVC18HAZ
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern devices and browsers
Hazard Identification & Risk Control Certification
Every year, British employees report over 600,000 workplace injuries. Not all injuries are preventable, but good hazard identification and risk control can go a long way in making the workplace a safer environment for everyone.
In this course, you will learn how to quickly identify hazards, assess the danger they pose to employees and others at work and how to reduce risk as far as is reasonably practicable. You will learn about your obligations under the law when it comes to health and safety and how to keep accurate records.
What You Will Learn
- What the terms “hazard” and “risk” mean in an occupational context and how key pieces of legislation help employers make the workplace safer for everyone
- How to uncover hazards in the workplace, make a realistic assessment of the risk presented by these hazards and who you need to consult when making your assessment
- How to keep appropriate records of risk assessments, what information you need to keep on file and how often you need to update your records
- How to implement the hierarchy of control to manage any identified risks by using elimination, substitution, controls and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are an employer, you will benefit from learning about your legal obligations regarding hazard identification and risk management
- If you are responsible for carrying out risk assessments in the workplace, you will benefit from learning how to keep useful records
- If you need to implement new safety measures or review existing measures at work, this course will help you decide on the most appropriate interventions from those available
- If you are an employee, you will benefit from understanding how and why employers need to undertake risk assessments and why your input on this topic can be invaluable
Who can take the Hazard Identification & Risk Control Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Hazard Identification & Risk Control Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.