- Course Code: UKVC18HEW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Healthy Eating At Work Certificate
An employee’s diet has a significant impact on their health, which in turn can have a negative effect on their productivity at work. Every year, employers lose billions of pounds as a result of chronic diseases. Some of these illnesses are caused by poor dietary choices and excess body weight. Therefore, there is a strong business case to be made for workplace interventions that emphasise healthy eating habits and support employees in developing their food literacy.
This course provides an overview of the causes and scale of health problems caused by a poor diet and contains practical advice for employers looking to encourage healthier habits in the workplace.
You Will Learn
- Why it is in an employer’s best interest to promote healthy eating habits among their staff, the health risks accompanying excess body weight and the link between nutrition and productivity.
- How an employer can improve their workers’ food literacy via workplace interventions, providing educational material and running formal workshops.
- How to create a supportive environment that normalises healthy eating by making changes to company culture, the type and amount of food provided and ensuring that workers who want to change their diets are encouraged to meet their goals.
- How and why workplace incentives and challenges work alongside education to instil new habits, why it is important to consult with the workforce before implementing new initiatives and why workplace weight loss competitions may not always be a good idea.
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- You will gain an insight into the health problems currently facing the modern workforce, which is of benefit to anyone working in an HR or occupational health role.
- If you are working in a managerial or supervisory position, this course will inspire you to lead by example and choose appropriate interventions that address the needs of your team.
- If you work in a training or consultancy role, this course will help you devise workshops that will assist employers in promoting healthier behaviour among their workers.
- If you work in the healthcare profession, this course will further your appreciation of the barriers people commonly face when trying to eat a healthier diet at work.
This course will provide anyone with an interest in public health and policy with relevant background information that will help them make sense of topical discussions surrounding the modern obesity epidemic
Who can take the Healthy Eating at Work Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Healthy Eating at Work Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.