- Course Code: UKFEM15REP
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Holiday Rep Diploma
Important: Due to COVID-19, please ensure that you check the local government rules and regulations regarding travel.
This comprehensive course can enhance your career prospects as a holiday representative. Whether you are fresh and new to the travel industry or you have experience and are looking to brush up your skills, this course will provide you with information and insight to help you achieve success.
Introduction to the Holiday Rep Diploma
The holiday rep diploma covers everything you need to know about this rewarding and demanding role from what the job entails to the duties you are required to complete and the legal aspects you need to be aware of.
The course comprises of eighteen modules that take approximately fifteen hours to complete. The benefit is that you can study at your own pace and in your own time; you find the modules online, enabling you to study using any device from anywhere where you have an internet connection.
During your study you will enjoy the added guidance and support from experienced tutors and on completion you will be awarded an industry recognised qualification.
What you Will Learn
- Understand your role as a holiday rep and how to secure yourself a position at a luxury resort.
- Get to know the career prospects for holiday reps from what traits tour operators look for to your certifications, passport and more.
- Know what types of holiday reps there are and the importance of being able to work as part of a team.
- Get a good understanding of British tourism and how age old traditions still play a role today.
- Receive valuable information on the different sectors associated with travel and tourism. Learn what makes the travel industry thrive.
- Learn how economic factors can influence your career moving forward, along with threats to the tourism industry at any given time.
- Identify the top qualities you need to have to ensure you are a team player. You will also learn how to sustain high team morale.
- Know your duties from health and safety to responsibilities, entertainment and more.
- Learn how to present yourself in a professional manner from uniforms to behaviour. This module will also provide you with valuable information on protecting yourself and occupational hazards you need to be aware of.
- Understand the legal side of the job. Know the Trade Descriptions Act, the Disability Discriminations Act and why you need to understand Denied Boarding Legislation.
- Get a firm understanding of guest safety from tips and advice to why it's so important.
- Learn how to deal with customer complaints effectively from resolving disputes to dealing with difficult customers.
- Understand the administrative tasks of the job, including reporting, cash handling and currency conversions.
- Learn how to hold the perfect customer meeting that makes a lasting impression.
- Get a good understanding on the basics of selling with valuable information on sales presentations to help you achieve success.
- Know how to handle transfers quickly and effectively to ensure the highest level of service at all times.
Benefits of Taking the Holiday Rep Diploma
There are numerous benefits to choosing to complete the holiday rep diploma. This is an entry level course and no previous experience or knowledge is required in order to register, but it is also a worthwhile course for those within the travel industry that haven't completed a qualification, helping them improve their chances of a successful career in the future.
The benefits of completing this course include:
- Up to date content that you can rely on.
- Get to understand the role of a holiday rep to help you complete your job to the highest standard at all times.
- Gain the confidence you need when managing clients.
- The course will open doors for you and help you achieve success in the travel industry.
- The course is industry recognised.
- On completion and successfully passing the multiple-choice test, you can download and print your certification immediately.
- The course can be studied at any time on any device with a connection to the internet offering convenience.
- Overall the course takes approximately fifteen hours to complete.
- You have access to experienced tutors throughout your study.
- What your primary role as a holiday representative will be
- Why professionalism must be maintained for the entire season and not just when you’re on duty
- The only way to get yourself into a holiday rep position in a luxury resort
- About a huge mistake that you may already be making on your CV
- The essential traits tour operators look for in candidates
- The certifications you are expected to have
- The type of passport you are best to hold and why it matters
- The personality traits you need to be successful
- About the different types of holiday rep that there are
- The importance of teamwork (especially for montage/demontage assistants)
- About the seasonal contracts you can work and crossing over between seasons
- About the role of the administrator and why you need to liaise with different offices
- About the very first group of people to travel to Europe
- How early tourism began and evolved
- Why Thomas Cook is revered in travel and tourism
- How some traditions dating centuries back are still seen in practice today
- About the different sectors that complete the travel and tourism industry
- The different types of tourist companies you could work with
- About the components that make the industry thrive
- About integrations when tour operators are merged, or acquired
- About the vulnerabilities of the tourism sector that affect the careers of holiday reps
- The different types of threats to the tourism industry
- Global events that affect the tourism sector
- What the International Health Regulations are, and how it impacts tourists
- The importance of high team morale, and how to gain and sustain it
- The 10 qualities you need to be an effective team player
- The Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) – used for conflict resolution
- Bruce Tuckman’s ‘Stages of Group Development’
- The legislation for health and safety that holiday reps need to ensure all resorts are in compliance with
- The checks that holiday reps are responsible for
- Why a holiday rep will always be required to go on excursions, even when a tour guide is provided
- When you need to organise entertainment for guests, and why it’s crucial to get right
- The different types of uniforms for different types of holiday reps
- The professional behaviour tour operators mandate in each of their employees
- About the occupational hazards of working outdoors in hot climates
- How to protect yourself from the sun and heat stroke
- Why holiday reps need to assist tour operators to comply with the Trade Descriptions Act
- The steps in place to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act
- What the legal definition of a package holiday really is
- What the Denied Boarding Legislation is and why it’s handy to know about it
- About the duty of care that all holiday reps must provide customers
- The different reports that need to be completed in compliance with health and safety guidelines
- Why fire safety is one of the most important checks a holiday rep will do
- What you need to include on an excursion risk assessment
- Why good customer relations are paramount for effective customer services
- Where to obtain factual information to resolve customer disputes
- How to handle difficult customers
- Why you need to practice good customer service before resorting to an official customer complaints form
- About all the different types of reports you need to complete
- Why the information you provide on your reports must be factual, accurate and presented neatly
- When you can complete a customer complaint form before a customer actually makes a complaint
- The reason every report you complete is vital to the tour operator
- Why you can never let the ball drop on customer services
- How to get into the real mindset of your customer
- About body language
- Why every tour operator requires all their holiday reps to excel in communication
- What’s involved in the welcome meeting
- Why you need to do your research as soon as you arrive at the resort you’ll be working at
- The different elements that must be covered in a welcome meeting
- How to prepare all the materials you will need to successfully complete the meeting
- How to establish rapport with your guests from the very first time you meet them
- What to include in your sales presentations
- The most efficient way to make sales, even if you’re not a salesperson
- Why an objection is always an opportunity
- The importance of arriving at the airport early for arrival transfers
- How to conduct a transfer for departures
- The information you need to provide customers during your speech on both types of transfers
- The preparation a holiday rep needs to do to ensure the transfers go smoothly
- Why it’s crucial for you to know how to work with different currencies
- How frequently currency exchange rates fluctuate
- What should be done when a tour operator provides a team float
- How to work out your earnings from sales commissions
Who can take the Holiday Rep Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 18 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 18 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 18 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Holiday Rep Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.