- Course Code: UKVC18IDE
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.5 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Identity Theft Awareness Certification
Most people are aware that identity theft is a major problem, but most of us do not fully appreciate how easy it is for criminals to steal someone’s personal details and use them to commit fraud.
In this course, you will gain a solid understanding of how identity theft happens, what you can do to prevent it and the exact steps you need to take if you know or suspect that someone has stolen your information.
You Will Learn:
- The difference between identity theft and identity fraud and why it can have serious, long-term effects for victims
- Practical ways to safeguard your identity and the extra precautions you should take when moving home
- Protective measures that will keep your personal information private and how technology can leave you vulnerable to identity theft
- What to do if someone has stolen your identity
- The most common means by which criminals commit identity theft
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- By understanding how identity theft occurs, you can reduce the risk that it will happen to you
- This course will help you protect potentially vulnerable people, such as elderly relatives, against identity theft
- By knowing in advance what to do if you become a victim, you will be able to act promptly to ensure the situation does not escalate
- If you are responsible for safety and security at work – perhaps in an HR-related role - this course may help you make appropriate recommendations to promote everyone’s safety
Who can take the Identity Theft Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Identity Theft Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.