- Course Code: UKVC19ICB
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.75 hours
- Cost: £49.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Introduction to Cat Behaviour
While cats can be a mysterious group, there is a lot you can learn about them by observing and analysing their behaviour.
This information can help you train your cats to behave well, while also giving you strategies you can use in the event they misbehave.
Understanding what is normal for each stage of a cat’s life and what you can expect in the future are key aspects of responsible pet ownership, as well as tenants of proper feline care.
This course introduces you to cat behaviour, giving you a solid foundation you can build from.
We begin by talking about what type of behaviour you can expect from cats throughout their lives, breaking this topic down by stage.
Next, we discuss ways you can manage your cat’s behaviour, including training tips and steps you can take to help improve your cat’s temperament.
A short list of things you should never do when trying to manage a cat’s behaviour is also included.
You Will Learn
- The specific type of behaviour that is considered normal for cats at each age
- The possible causes of bad behaviour in cats
- Ways you can prevent unwanted actions from occurring
- Tips you can use in the event the cat engages in those behaviours
- Information about training cats
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are a pet owner, learn more about what kind of behaviour your cat should be demonstrating
- If you are a professional who works with cats, you can gain valuable information worthy of passing along to your clients about cat ownership
- Learn more about the reasons why negative reinforcement does not work with cats and what you can do instead
- Gain a more thorough understanding of how factors like age and pre-existing health can impact a cat’s demeanour
- Learn more about the limits of training so you have more realistic expectations of the cats in your care
Who can take the Introduction to Cat Behaviour Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Cat Behaviour Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.