- Course Code: UKVC18ECC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Introduction to Contracts Of Employment Certificate
A contract of employment represents a fundamental agreement between an employer and worker. Therefore, it needs to be clear, fair and comprehensive. To avoid misunderstandings, you also need to know how to propose and implement changes.
Although contracts do not always have to be written down, it is best practice to clarify the terms and conditions on paper. This course focuses on what should be included in a written contract, when it should be drawn up and what happens if one or both parties break its terms.
You Will Learn:
- How a contract of employment should be drawn up, why verbal contracts are not considered best practice and when they should be ready to sign
- How a worker’s status determines the content of a contract, including their rights to benefits
- The details an employer must report to HMRC and how the PAYE system works
- What happens if either party breaches the terms and conditions of an employment contract
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are responsible for drawing up contracts of employment, this course will help ensure that the documents you produce comply with legal requirements
- If you are a worker, this course will help you evaluate your contract of employment to ensure that it is fair
- By developing your understanding of the laws underpinning contracts, you are also in a position to help a colleague who believes they are being treated unfairly
- If you are responsible for maintaining business accounts, this course will help you decide when to report relevant information to HMRC
Who can take the Introduction to Contracts Of Employment Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Introduction to Contracts Of Employment Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.