- Course Code: UKVC18ITS
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
IT Security Diploma
Understanding IT Security is vital for everyone involved in the modern workplace, whether in an administrative or end-user capacity.
This course provides a comprehensive insight into every aspect of IT Security, including the history and background of security threats as well as the core objectives of IT protection.
From the very real consequences of vulnerability to how to practically ensure a secure Information Technology infrastructure, this course covers every aspect all role players must know.
You Will Learn
- A comprehensive definition and history of IT Security
- The current objectives of IT Security and how to implement them
- All about the specific safety threats and the impact they have
- How to ensure IT safety as both an end-user and administrator
- The importance of assessing IT security vulnerability and how to avoid it
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will be able to implement a comprehensive IT risk management plan in your company
- You will understand the current IT threats and the techniques to avoid them
- You will be able to ensure the safety of hardware and software at your workplace
- You will be able to identify vulnerable areas and provide solutions to avoid risks
- You will understand the importance of secure system design and how to emphasise IT safety at all times
Who can take the IT Security Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the IT Security Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.