- Course Code: UKFEC17KSC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Kickstart Your Career Certificate
This Kickstart Your Career course gives you everything you need to know about returning to the workforce after taking time out to care for your children, or entering the workforce for the first time. At the conclusion of this course, participants have the tools they require to confidently pursue a career in the field of their choosing.
The course covers many topics related to successful integration into any working environment from the communication skills you need, to ways to comply with existing privacy legislation. We have developed this course to give students important information about how to successfully enter or re-enter the workforce.
Throughout the course, students are provided with instruction, tips and techniques for learning how to manage their time, how to work in teams and how to communicate effectively with their managers and colleagues. The course also covers negotiation skills that are crucial for working with others and earning a fair salary for yourself. Students of this course further learn about how to improve their personal effectiveness, manage customer relations and how to deal with stress on the job.
At the conclusion of the course, students receive a diploma, proving they have successfully completed each module.
What You Will Learn
This course was designed to give takers a total overview of what is involved in entering the workforce, regardless of experience or industry.
Here’s what the course covers:
- How to establish and manage priorities on the job
- What their rights are in workplace relationships and how to enforce those rights
- The specific skills involved in strengthening personal effectiveness
- The signs of stress and how to avoid burnout
- How to develop a relationship with your customers by focusing on Customer Relationship Management
- The interpersonal skills needed to handle difficult people and situations
- Tips on how to work well in, and eventually lead, workplace teams
- The main phases of negotiation and how to put those phases into practice successfully
- Important information about data protection, including how to apply legislative frameworks to your job
- How to create a CV that attracts attention, along with crucial interviewing skills
Benefits of the Kickstart Your Career Course
This Kickstart Your Career course includes the following benefits:
- An affordable course that helps prepare you for entry, or re-entry, into the workplace after a period away
- A curriculum that is easy to understand, divided into 10 complete modules
- The achievement of feeling confident about your decision to return to work
- Learning new skills, such as assertive communication, negotiation and how to work in teams, which you can use in the workplace and beyond
- Learning how to effectively manage stress, both at work and in your personal life
- The ability to study from any location with an internet connection
- Learn the material at any time and at your own pace
- Lifetime access to the course – no deadlines
- Obtain a recognised certification when completing the course, which will improve your career prospects
- How to establish and manage priorities;
- Essential time management skills;
- The importance of lists;
- The value of scheduling;
- The three main communication styles, as well as the differences between them;
- The components of assertive communication;
- Rights that everyone has in all relationships, both personal and professional;
- How to understand yourself and others, in terms of communication style;
- What ‘personal effectiveness’ means and details about forming positive habits;
- Information about how to increase your effectiveness in the workplace;
- How to develop certain skills that help you become a more effective employee;
- The importance of using feedback, to increase your effectiveness;
- What workplace stress is and who is responsible for its management;
- The effect that stress has on the body and mind and in a group setting;
- How stress can turn into burnout and what to do if this happens to you;
- Strategies to minimise conflict-related stress;
- What customer relationship management is and its importance to organisations;
- How to examine your customer base;
- Details about what customers expect from your company;
- How to measure customer relationship management;
- How to understand human behaviour and motivations;
- Advice on how to handle difficult people with ease;
- Information regarding working in difficult situations;
- The interpersonal skills that you should develop, in order to help you in the workplace;
- What a high performance team is and how to create one;
- How to develop and strengthen your team;
- Information about the communication process;
- What effective leadership consists of;
- The fundamental elements of negotiation;
- How and why you should prepare for all negotiations;
- Setting objectives and learning about the objectives of others;
- Important communication skills required for successful negotiations;
- All about the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Information about the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) and the enforcement of data protection laws;
- How to store and share personal data;
- What to do in the event of a data breach or complaint;
- How to put together a great CV
- How to write a cover letter
- The various types of job interviews employers use to select candidates
- How to prepare yourself for the most common job interview questions and tasks
Who can take the Kickstart Your Career Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Kickstart Your Career Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.