- Course Code: UKVC18LGA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Legionnaires’ Disease Awareness Certificate
Over 300 cases of Legionnaires’ disease are reported every year in England and Wales. The majority of these cases occur in the workplace. It is a serious illness that proves fatal in up to 12% of cases.
Legionnaires’ disease is caused by Legionella bacteria, which may grow in water systems. Fortunately, it is relatively simple to identify potential sites of Legionella growth. In this course, you will learn how to identify and manage Legionella and meet your obligations under health and safety law with regards to risk management at work.
You Will Learn
- What causes Legionnaires’ disease, how people catch it, symptoms and who is particularly vulnerable to Legionella bacteria.
- The systems most likely to facilitate the growth of Legionella, including the type of water stored in a system and its temperature.
- How to conduct a risk assessment to identify potential sources of Legionella growth and the obligations of a business owner under the law.
- How and when you should test for Legionella and the main types of tests used in laboratories.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are responsible for controlling work premises, you will benefit from learning what you must do to prevent and handle Legionella growth.
- Anyone who may come into contact with Legionella at work will benefit from learning about the symptoms and effects of Legionnaires’ disease, as prompt intervention saves lives.
- If you are responsible for conducting risk assessments at work, this course will help you ascertain whether there is a reasonable foreseeable risk that someone may become infected with Legionnaires’ disease and put preventive measures in place.
- If you are interested in occupational health or work in an HR role, this course will broaden your knowledge of occupational disease.
Who can take the Legionnaires’ Disease Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Legionnaires’ Disease Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.