- Course Code: UKVC18JAV
- Location: Online
- Duration: 4.0 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Level 1 Java Certificate
Physiological studies have shown that learning to speak two or more languages can greatly benefit the cognitive process. Not only can communication expand exponentially when learning a new language, but it greatly improves the brain’s functionality. Interestingly, learning different computer languages can also provide amazing benefits. These benefits are not just mental, but are also a useful application in everyday life.
Smartphones, parking key fobs, security badges and using a device to unlock a car door are some of the daily items that have been programmed to perform in a certain way. Understanding how to program, can be an amazing asset and while there are many different languages, none is quite as easy to learn as Java.
Java was created with efficiency and uniformity in mind. The goal was to create a program with greater capabilities than C/C++ but with more simplicity. In this Java Programming for Beginners course you will learn the basics of programming using the Java language as well as many of the benefits that will pave the way for efficient programming.
What you will learn in this course:
- How to set up a computer for Java programming and learn about pre-installed programs
- Learn about the ‘modulus operator’ and what it means
- How to identify a comment line and what the purpose of a comment is in a program
- Learn about the length method
- Learn about data structures
- Learn about class-object relationship and start learning about object-oriented programming in Java
Learn about Booleans and what purpose they serve
The benefits of this course:
- Learning the most commonly used computer language
- Knowing Java can increase professional opportunities as a programmer or software engineer. Java programmers are in high demand and are among the highest paid in the industry
- Java has a very in-depth API and can be used to implement other kinds of software
- It will make you a better developer with its rich IDEs (Integrated Development Environment) providing suggestions and notifying of errors
- Java will help you understand more complex programming concepts
Who can take the Level 1 Java Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 40 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 40 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 40 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Level 1 Java Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 4.0 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.