- Course Code: UKVC18PYT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 5.0 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Level 1 Python Certificate
This course is going to teach you the fastest, easiest and most comprehensive experience in learning basic Python. For those interested in computer programming, the Python language is a great option particularly because of its extensive support libraries. Additionally, the program provides a lot of learning ease and support. Python was created in the early 90s to code with greater uniformity, but with more simplicity than Java. Considered to be a ‘fun’ language, Python can be an interesting program, particularly for those who are creative, as it offers many dynamic features. Software development companies prefer to work with the Python language because of its versatility. Let’s have a look at what this course will cover and what the many benefits are:
In this course, you will learn:
- How to write a code in Python
- Understand the Python Shell window and how to use it in ‘interactive’ mode
- The various functionalities
- How to write a formal program using IDLE
- The benefit of documentation and why it is vital to do so when coding
- How to use the editing platform’s guidelines when writing a program
- How to print using every form of data
- About additional editing features such as indenting a region
- Understand the various variables and how the Python language uses them
- More escape functions (\n, \t) used for formatting strings
- About ‘if’ statements or conditionals to determine program flow
- About Python logical operators and how they work together with variables to complete and solve expressions
- About four loops and nested loops and the differences in their functionality
- About complex data structures and tuples
- How to use python
- Python gives you access to the vast random library
- Practise writing code by creating strings
- Understand time and calendar functions within Python and how to apply them
- Understand how Python works with HTML form and why this is so important
- You can utilise productivity and speed time
- It provides third party modules
Who can take the Level 1 Python Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 64 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 64 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 64 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Level 1 Python Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 5.0 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.