- Course Code: UKFPC16MHT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Manual handling is an essential part of almost every job throughout the UK. Everyone from office workers to those who work on factory floors engage in some form of manual handling each and every day. It is important to learn about the risks involved and how to lift, carry, push, and pull loads safely. This is the best way to reduce the rate of workplace injuries, most of which are caused by improper manual handling practices.
This course provides you with a comprehensive guide to manual handling. It begins by giving you an introduction to the concept of manual handling, including examples and affected workplaces. It then goes into detail about the applicable legislation and the obligations employers and employees must fulfil in order to keep their workplace safe. The specific types of risks and hazards, as well as examples on how to handle materials safely are also provided.
You Will Learn:
- Information about the manual handling regulations
- The obligations employers must fulfil according to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- The obligations employees must fulfil according to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
- The risks and hazards that are involved with improper manual handling, including the development of musculoskeletal issues and repetitive motion injuries
- Techniques for safe and effective manual handling
- Practical solutions and tips to keep in mind when it comes to manual handling and workplace safety
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Learning about manual handling and how prevalent it is in today’s workplaces
- Gaining insight into the obligations and requirements employers must fulfil according to applicable legislation
- Understanding the rights and obligations of employees in the workplace when it comes to manual handling
- Learning about the specific risks and hazards that employees face when they handle items improperly
- Learning how to manually handle loads properly
Who can take the Manual Handling Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Manual Handling Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.