- Course Code: UKVC19WML
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
What is Money Laundering?
The term “money laundering” is any process that conceals the origins of money obtained by illegal means. It makes money “clean” by rendering it untraceable. Money laundering is a serious offence, as it allows people to make money from crime.
In this course, you will learn how money laundering works, how to identify the warning signs of money laundering and how organisations work to prevent it.
You Will Learn:
- How money laundering occurs, why it is illegal and why it is of particular concern to the financial services industry
- The three steps criminals typically use when money laundering and how they avoid getting caught
- The techniques people commonly use to launder money
- How the law and enforcing bodies help reduce money laundering, and the role of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- The warning signs you need to look for if you suspect a customer or someone you know of money laundering
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you work in the financial sector, this course will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to the problem of money laundering
- If you are interested in financial law, you will benefit from this introduction to a major, ongoing problem in the financial services industry
- If you work in another sector in which large transactions are a regular part of day-to-day business, this course will teach you how to identify potential money laundering schemes so you can report them to the relevant authorities in a timely manner
Who can take the What is Money Laundering? Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 6 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 6 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 6 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the What is Money Laundering? Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.