- Course Code: UKMEC17MCP
- Location: Online
- Duration: 8 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Motivating Colleagues to Perform Certificate
Employee motivation is at the heart of business success. When employers understand exactly what motivates their workforce, they have the potential to increase not just productivity but also the quality of work, while retaining employees that are happy and satisfied with their jobs.
This may seem obvious but it is surprising how often organisations do not correctly apply the concepts and principles of motivation – missing the immense rewards it can offer, including the immense financial gains. Taking this course will give you the edge against competitors who lack the know how to inspire and maintain motivated action in their organisations.
This course is for employers and leaders that want to get the best performance out of their teams. The content of this course is designed to help both individuals and organisations to understand and confidently apply the skills, tools and techniques to increase motivation in the workplace in a very practical way.
The information is presented in a clear and accessible manner and has incredible potential when applied correctly. You will discover methods to galvanise your team, what to do to avoid counter productive workplace habits, and how to lead your team in the way that will inspire truly sustainable motivation.
This course includes practical tools and strategies to boost and maintain motivation, as well as exercises, tests and other opportunities to assess and apply the knowledge you learn.
What you will learn
You will learn how to:
- Understand people and what motivates them to work
- Assess an individual's or team’s level of motivation or demotivation
- Increase employee motivation and prevent situations which diminish it
- Create sustainable motivation which is long lasting and highly personal
- Use different psychological models of motivation utilised by businesses today
- Modify your leadership to be the most effective for motivating your team
- Communicate and lead in ways which are the most empowering personally and for your team
The skills and knowledge you will gain from this course can be applied to any workplace setting and will leave you with a powerful understanding of how to motivate not only others, but also yourself, to achieve the highest levels of performance.
There is an increasing trend for rewarding and motivating work which is personally satisfying. Sadly, many employers lack the skills to deliver motivating environments and risk losing their best talent. Leaders need to learn how to successfully motivate their team with intrinsic benefits outside of the usual scope of financial rewards.
Leaders who learn to motivate their team will be rewarded with outstanding results, productivity gains and the personal satisfaction of seeing their team grow. This course delivers everything you need to understand and apply the most successful strategies for motivating anybody to reach their highest potential and deliver the best quality work.
- Understand what motivation is and the various different types
- Comprehend what motivates or demotivates employees and how it affects performance
- Establish what employees need, and look for, in order to remain fully motivated in their jobs
- Learn what employers can do to ensure they have a motivated workforce
- Learn motivational theories and how they influence our lives and decisions.
- Comprehend the impact of a leader’s vision and personal vision on motivation levels.
- Understand how rewards and recognition influences morale and performance.
- Explore the application of motivational theories and concepts to real life situations
- Learn about a variety of leadership styles and comprehend their impact on motivation
- Understand how to apply different leadership styles and their suitability to different tasks
- Comprehend the huge difference between motivational and demotivational leadership
- Learn how to develop and adaptive approach to leadership drawing upon multiple style
- Understand the cost of Demotivation and the impact it has on the wellbeing and success of individuals, projects and organisations.
- Identify what personal and work factors contribute to and exacerbate demotivation.
- Learn how to constructively and positively address demotivation in employees on a personal, project and organisational level.
- Gain skills that aid communication with demotivated employees with the aim of re-engaging and motivating.
- Find out how authentic motivation is personal and drives us to perform to meet our own goals
- Learn the difference between autonomous and controlled motivation
- Understand how managers contribute to a motivational environment
- Develop your understanding of specific motivational tools and strategies which can be applied
Who can take the Motivating Colleagues to Perform Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Motivating Colleagues to Perform Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 8 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.