- Course Code: UKVC18NOI
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Noise and Hearing Protection Certificate
One of the most important aspects of health and safety in the workplace is protection from noise hazards. Noise induced hearing loss is described as the most preventable occupational hazard. In the UK, it is estimated that more than one million workers are exposed to noise hazards on a constant basis, thus increasing the risks of permanent hearing loss, reduction in productivity and increased employee absenteeism.
In the course on noise and hearing protection, you have the opportunity to learn about the following topics:-
- The negative impacts of loud noise levels on health and wellbeing and the different types of noise, including variable, impulse, impact and continuous. You will also learn about Britain’s noise control laws and how employers are legally responsible for noise reduction measures in the workplace.
- How employers should consider regular risk assessments that help identify sources and the number of people exposed to noise hazards. You will also learn the industrial sectors that are known for higher noise hazard levels.
- How elimination and isolation of noise hazards helps reduce noise and the important factors such as choosing the right places for machinery, checking for noise emission levels, fixing silencers and grouping together of machinery producing equivalent sounds.
- How the implementation of administrative controls such as planning activities outside of regular shift hours or outsourcing noise-producing activities to areas situated further away help noise reduction
- The different types of hearing protectors, including earmuffs and earplugs that help protect workers from noise hazards at work.
Important benefits of learning about noise reduction and hearing protection:-
- Employers can ensure compliance with UK’s health and safety laws.
- You have the opportunity to understand how exposure to noise hazards can result in health risks.
- Employers can consider investing in personal protective equipment, such as specialised earmuffs and earplugs that are suitable to the conditions at work
- You can implement engineering controls at planning stage to eliminate noise sources, as opposed to making changes later (which usually proves more expensive and less effective).
Who can take the Noise and Hearing Protection Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Noise and Hearing Protection Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.