- Course Code: UKVC18NVB
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Noise and Vibration Awareness Certificate
Noise and vibration are two common workplace hazards that can have serious long-term effects on employee health. For instance, excessive noise can result in tinnitus and long-term hearing loss, whereas vibration can lead to musculoskeletal injuries and nerve damage.
Fortunately, with diligent safeguarding measures, employees do not have to endure adverse health effects. In this course, you will learn more about the risks associated with noise and vibration, and how employers and employees alike can play a role in creating a safer workspace.
You Will Learn:
- Why high levels of workplace noise are dangerous
- The legislation that addresses workplace noise and what an employer must do to comply with these laws
- The measures an employer must take to protect their workers’ hearing, including measuring noise levels, providing protective equipment and implementing health surveillance
- The two categories of workplace vibration and their effects
- What employers can do to protect their workers from injury caused by excessive vibration, and the health and safety legislation that sets out maximum acceptable vibration levels
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you work in a role that exposes you to high levels of noise or vibration, this course will help you take practical steps to safeguard your health
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law
- If you have an interest in occupational health, this course will provide a good introduction to two of the most common workplace hazards
- If you are in a supervisory role, this course will help you check that your team are adhering to health and safety policies and provide guidance if necessary
Who can take the Noise and Vibration Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Noise and Vibration Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.