- Course Code: UKVC20NOA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £199.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Nutrition for Older Adults
Nutrition for Older Adults is a course that aims to equip fitness trainers with firsthand knowledge of dealing with older clients. The course focuses on the problems faced by older adults as they age and how those problems can be combated.
This course has been designed around the idea of the nutritional needs of older adults and how to address any issues that may arise. The entire course has been divided into five modules; each module is based on a different theme related to the nutritional wellbeing of older adults.
What You Will Learn:
Throughout this course, you will learn about:
- The process of ageing and active ageing
- How to maintain a balanced nutritional intake for older adults
- The consequences of insufficient nutriti
- Risk factors attached to poor eating habits
- Nutritional assessment tools to determine underlying deficiencies
- Strategies to address nutritional concerns
- How to communicate healthy lifestyle choices to older adults
- The importance of physical exercise in old age
The Benefits of This Course:
- Helping fitness trainers to deal with older clients in a professional, yet humble, manner
- You will be well-equipped with the correct knowledge to assist older clients
- You will understand the nutritional concerns of older adults
- You will be knowledgeable about the various factors and methodologies associated with this topic
- You will have a wide knowledge of the nutritional wellbeing of older adults
- You will be able to translate your learning into practice when dealing with older clients
Who can take the Nutrition for Older Adults Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Nutrition for Older Adults Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.