- Course Code: UKFEM14OCC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Oven Cleaning Certificate
Taking the oven cleaning course is an opportunity to start your own professional oven cleaning business, catering to commercial and residential customers. This is an opportunity for you to start your own successful business armed with the knowledge and skills you need to provide your clients with the best quality results and service at all times.
Introduction to the Oven Cleaning Certificate
The oven cleaning certificate is a recognised certification to help you jump start your career as a professional oven cleaner. This course comprises of fourteen modules overflowing with valuable information that takes approximately ten hours to complete. You will learn essential oven cleaning techniques, the legal requirements surrounding effective oven cleaning and so much more. You will be armed with everything you need to run your own successful business moving forward.
During your online studies you will have the support of a tutor, who is on hand to guide you. You can study from anywhere using any device and study at your own pace, not set to any schedule, enabling you to work full time and study in your spare time.
On completion and passing the multiple choice test, you will receive your certification, which is industry recognised and can be downloaded and printed at your convenience.
What You Will Learn
The course comprises of fourteen information packed modules, which will teach you the following:
- Understand what work you will do as a professional oven cleaner along with the essential equipment you will need to produce the best results.
- Learn why training in oven cleaning is a benefit and where to find the best positions where you will use your knowledge, the difference between working for yourself or for someone else and how to secure long term commercial contracts for oven cleaning.
- Know what types of oven cleaning jobs are available.
- Get a good understanding of oven cleaning equipment. Know the products and tools you will need, the purpose of each one and how to ensure you meet the strict health and safety regulations.
- Know about chemical safety and what regulations you need to adhere to. Learn what documentation you will need to support industry cleaning products, who is responsible for health and safety compliance and so much more.
- Learn about the working conditions you can expect from how long it will take to complete a job, why safety clothing is so important and various pricing structures you should take advantage of.
- Understand the various oven cleaning techniques and expected standards. Know what tools you should be using for different surfaces and what techniques to use to deep clean ovens effectively.
- Know how to clean Rayburn and AGA cookers. Know how to identify these two common cookers, what products you should use and what are the most common operating temperatures of these two appliances.
- Learn everything you need to know about commercial oven cleaning from what’s involved to dry steam cleaning to the equipment you will need.
- Get a good understanding of environmentally friendly oven cleaning - “green cleaning.” Learn about powerful natural de-greasers and the benefits of steam cleaning rather than using chemical solutions.
- Learn how to run an oven cleaning service effectively to achieve success. Learn what it entails to run a service effectively, help to boost your customer service levels and how many ovens you can expect to clean on a daily basis.
- Know how to start your own oven cleaning business from initial start-up costs to marketing and developing your online presence.
- Learn about business insurance, tax and the equipment you will need when starting your own oven cleaning business.
- Understand what is entailed when hiring staff to work for you, including your responsibilities as an employer and when you should write a health and safety policy, plus so much more.
Benefits of the Oven Cleaning Certificate
This recognised certification can provide you with so many benefits during and after your online training, these include:
- An industry recognised certification.
- You will learn how to deliver the best service to your clients.
- You will have the knowledge you need to start your own successful oven cleaning business.
- You study online at your own pace with no set schedule.
- You can study from any device connected to the internet.
- Online support throughout your study to guide you in the right direction.
- The type of work you will do
- Why you will be the mysterious solution to homeowners when it comes to removing baked on food debris
- The type of work that pays the most
- The equipment you need, and where to find it the cheapest
- The best place to find any positions for this line of work
- The best route to market to get the most out of this course
- The only difference to owning your service to working for someone else
- How you can get a stable and reliable contract for oven cleaning in the commercial sector
- About the importance of oven cleaning for food establishments
- The safest route to take when you first begin
- The benefits to working in the residential/domestic sector
- Why you may be shadowed when you work in commercial kitchens
- About the range of cleaning products you need to get the job done to superior levels of cleanliness
- The tools you need to use your cleaning products
- The purposes of each cleaning product in your stock inventory
- The PPE You’ll need to comply with health and safety at work regulations
- The key legislations that apply to your business for chemical safety
- Who is responsible for health and safety compliance
- The documents you need supplied with industrial strength cleaning chemicals
- The three different types of cleaning products you will be using
- Why the solutions you use will allow you to get every part of grease removed from inside ovens, making your job much easier
- The length of time you can expect per job
- Why you’re best to wear a face-mask when cleaning ovens
- Pricing guidelines for your service
- The techniques to “deep clean ovens
- To understand the process to streamline your work
- The components to clean with your dip tank
- Which tools to use for different surfaces
- The difference between the two types of cookers
- The temperatures these cookers operate at consistently and why you they must be off for cleaning
- How to clean these types of cookers
- The type of enamel and the care you need to pay attention to when cleaning the outside of the cooker
- What’s really involved in commercial oven cleaning
- Why you must have an industrial dip tank
- How a dry steam cleaner will make your work easier, faster, or just an eco-friendly solution for your clients
- The equipment you need your steam cleaner to have
- About environmentally Friendly Cleaning Solutions
- The most powerful natural de-greaser for cleaning ovens
- How to clean cookers and parts without the use of your dip tank
- How to use a steam cleaner on ovens
- What an oven cleaning service entails
- Additional services to boost customer satisfaction and retention
- How many ovens you can expect to clean on a working day
- Where to find jobs if you don't want to run your own business
- The initial start up costs for an oven cleaning business
- How much of a marketing budget you can expect to require when starting your own independent business
- The Pros of Starting an Oven Cleaning Business
- How to develop an Online Presence
- The risks to your business by not having adequate insurance cover in place
- The types of commercial cleaning contracts that may stipulate the amount of insurance cover your policy must insure you to the amount of
- The equipment you need to manage your business administration duties
- Why you need to register for self-employment as early as possible
- The benefits of hiring your own staff
- When a contractor would be more suited to your business
- Employer responsibilities
- When you need a written health and safety policy
Very easy to navigate and very informative
The course was very easy to navigate and very informative. I have gained so much information from this course – it is amazing to know I have learnt so much from this and it is even better that you can do it in your own time and no one pushing you.
Shaun Mulryne – Poole
Who can take the Oven Cleaning Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 14 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 14 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 14 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Oven Cleaning Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.