- Course Code: UKVC18PRE
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Preventing Slips & Trips in the Workplace Certification
Slips, trips and falls in the workplace are one of the biggest causes of increased employee absenteeism, insurance costs and lowered productivity. By implementing stringent risk assessment procedures and regular inspections, you can significantly reduce the risk of accidents. Responsible employers understand that they have a legal and moral duty to promote employee health and wellbeing, by creating a safe work environment.
This course on slips and trips explains the following topics in detail:
- The importance of maintaining a safe workplace environment for employees, as well as visitors; understanding the negative effects of employees working in a risky environment, which increases the likelihood of slips, trips and falls;
- Common hazards found in workplace environments, including trailing cables, contaminated and uneven floor surfaces, poor lighting, unguarded stairs, clutter and improper cleaning methods;
- The selection of appropriate footwear, including the design of the outer sole and the materials used to make the shoes; the tread and cleat pattern, as well as the tread depth.
- Preventative techniques, in order to eliminate risks, including conducting risk assessments, training cleaning staff to use proper techniques and educating employees to immediately report any spills;
- Other control measures, including providing education and training to employees and cleaning staff, providing adequate lighting, installing ramps and railings along stairs, using proper mopping and spill clean-up techniques and unclogging drains.
Important benefits of studying the course include:
- Improved levels of wellbeing, health and happiness amongst employees
- A minimisation in employee absenteeism, a reduction of sick days and insurance costs
- Gaining a well-deserved reputation as a responsible and caring employer
- The maximisation of productivity and profits.
Who can take the Preventing Slips & Trips in Workplace Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Preventing Slips & Trips in Workplace Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.