- Course Code: UKVC18PWD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Preventing Workplace Discrimination Certificate
Being a victim of workplace discrimination and harassment is an unfortunate reality for too many workers across the UK. Recent statistics show that over 50% of women have been the victim of harassment, with similar numbers being reported by many individuals with protected characteristics.
High levels of discrimination and harassment can have a detrimental effect on your workforce, including reduced productivity, higher turnover and low public opinion. Learning how you, as an employee, can prevent discrimination and harassment in the workplace can lead to a healthier and more empowering environment.
This course provides you with important information about preventing workplace discrimination and harassment, focusing on the role of the employee. It begins by giving you the legal background behind those terms.
Next, it covers the patterns that are evident in workplaces with permissive attitudes towards discrimination and harassment.
Specific strategies that employees and employers can implement are discussed next.
Finally, the last module outlines what to do, if you witness or are a victim of workplace harassment or discriminatory hiring or promotion practices.
You will Learn:
- What a ‘protected characteristic’ is;
- Details about the legislation that covers harassment and discrimination at work;
- Tips on how to recognise a toxic working atmosphere;
- How reviewing the hiring and promotion practices of a company can indicate the level of discrimination that you can anticipate encountering;
- What a zero-tolerance policy is, and why your company should have one;
- Information on what constitutes a fair complaints process.
Benefits of Taking this Course:
- Learning more about workplace discrimination and harassment, including the definitions of each term;
- Understanding how corporate culture and retention rates reflect the likelihood of encountering discrimination or harassment at work;
- Learning what information should be in employee training programmes, if a workplace is serious about preventing harassment and discrimination;
- Learning how to develop a complaints process that is fair for everyone involved;
- Understanding what steps you should take, if you witness or are the victim of harassment or discrimination at work.
Who can take the Preventing Workplace Discrimination Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Preventing Workplace Discrimination Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.