- Course Code: UKVC19PCT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.50 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
The Proceeds of Crime and Terrorism Acts Certificate
The Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) 2002 and the Terrorism Act (TACT) 2000 are key pieces of legislation that were drawn up to assist the UK government to identify instances of money laundering and terrorist activity.
These laws also lay out a set of obligations for those who suspect they may have come across money laundering or financial activity relating to terrorism. In this course, you will learn about the main points of both Acts and the practical ramifications for business owners.
You Will Learn:
- The purpose and scope of the Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) 2002 and the Terrorism Act (TACT) 2000
- The five obligations set out by the UK money laundering regulations, including the duty to keep proper records and providing staff with appropriate training
- How money laundering and terrorism are connected and the main points within the TACT legislation
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are a business owner in the UK, this course will help you meet your obligations under money laundering and anti-terror laws
- If you are a nominated officer at your place of work, this course will help you understand your responsibilities and decide when and how to make a report
- If you work in the financial sector, you will benefit from this insight into two key pieces of legislation that prevent and penalise money laundering
- If you are interested in the impact of terrorism on society and commerce, this course will provide you with useful background information on how UK legislation attempts to identify and tackle terrorist action
Who can take the Proceeds of Crime and Terrorism Acts Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 3 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 3 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 3 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Proceeds of Crime and Terrorism Acts Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.50 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.