- Course Code: UKVC18PUN
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.75 hours
- Cost: £49.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Punctuation Mastery Certificate
Despite the fact that we all have spelling and grammar checkers at our disposal, it is still important to master the basic rules of punctuation. Checking software is far from perfect and it is still up to a writer to correctly punctuate their message.
In this course, you will learn how to correctly use common punctuation marks and write with greater clarity.
You Will Learn:
- How to use apostrophes to indicate possession and form contractions
- The proper use of commas
- The difference between colons and semicolons and how to use them
- How to correctly use quotation marks
- The difference between dashes and hyphens and how to use them in your writing
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Understanding the rules of punctuation will help you write in a more professional style, which will make you more employable
- You will become a more confident writer in both your personal life and your professional life
- If you are a student, this course will help you improve your grades
- If you work as an educator or trainer, this course will help you identify and correct errors in your students’ written assignments
- If you are a parent, this course will help you support your children with their homework
Who can take the Punctuation Mastery Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Punctuation Mastery Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.