- Course Code: UKFEC16RMD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 15 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
Restaurant Management Diploma
The restaurant management diploma is a comprehensive online course to provide you with everything you need to know to become a successful restaurant manager. The course provides you with insight, information, skills and advice to help you fulfil your role as a restaurant manager and exceed your clients' expectations on a daily basis.
Introduction to the Restaurant Management Diploma
This course is broken into manageable modules which you can access online. The course is accessible on any device, so you can study from anywhere with an internet connection using your PC, laptop, tablet or phone.
During your studies you will have access to online support who can guide and assist you and provide you with the support you need to complete your studies and obtain your certification. When you reach the end of the modules, you will be required to pass a multiple choice test. The test has questions on what you have learned. On passing, you will be able to immediately download and print your certificate.
In the event that you don't pass the test the first time, you will be given a second chance to take the test once you have reviewed the modules again and are confident that you know everything you need to know.
What you Will Learn
This comprehensive Restaurant Management diploma will teach you the following:
- An introduction to the front of house of a restaurant.
- The role of a restaurant manager in all types of restaurants anywhere in the world.
- Learn about the different types of restaurant establishments and layouts.
- Know the importance of excellent customer service within the hospitality industry.
- Learn how to deal with customer complaints in a calm and effective manner to ensure the client will return again in the future.
- Know your drinks. Knowing your drinks is imperative as a restaurant manager, along with how to serve them correctly.
- Get to know your food. The importance of knowing every aspect of the menu, what is in each dish and food allergies.
- Know the different restaurant licensing laws. This also covers the importance of age verification and what you can accept to verify the age of your clients.
- Learn various restaurant system checklists. Know what checklists you need, how to put them in place and how to monitor them to ensure the restaurant runs smoothly at all times.
- Know the health and safety laws associated with a restaurant from front of house to the kitchen, food safety and more.
- Be up to date with restaurant terminology that you may encounter from time to time.
Benefits of the Restaurant Management Diploma
This diploma is designed to provide you with the information, insight, knowledge and skill you will need to manage any restaurant. You will have the ability to work as a restaurant manager at a five star hotel or a local eatery.
The benefits of this training course include:
- Improve your career prospects.
- Fast track your career if you are already working within the restaurant industry.
- Appeal to potential employers with an industry recognised certification.
- Know what is expected of you and complete your duties with complete confidence.
- Easy and comprehensive syllabus that you can rely on.
- Study at your own pace with no deadlines or set schedules.
- Study from anywhere with internet access using any device.
- Have online support throughout your studies to guide and assist you.
- No entry requirements. You don't have to have restaurant experience in order to complete this course.
- Affordable one-off fee.
- Second chance to complete the test in the event you do fail. You will have time to review the modules and retake the test in your own time.
- Work full time and study in your spare time.
- How to provide the best possible customer service at all times.
- How the way you dress affects how you are perceived.
- How to be professional even when the customer is being awkward.
- How to look at your body language and understand how you come across.
- How the restaurant manager deals with the business side of the restaurant.
- How the manager deals with the front-of-house.
- How the manager deals with the general housekeeping.
- How the manager has to contend with customer issues.
- The different types of dining establishments.
- How this changes your management style.
- How to deal with different restaurant layouts.
- How to divide staff to cope with the layout.
- How to meet and greet customers.
- How to take reservations.
- How to correctly seat people.
- How to take their orders.
- How to address the customer with their initial complaint.
- A step by step guide on how to handle the situation.
- How you must act on a personal level to address their issues.
- How to adequately resolve the situation.
- The basics of different drinks
- Which wine works best with which food
- How to serve drinks correctly
- How to give advice on drinks to customers
- Understanding the menu.
- Dealing with starters.
- Dealing with meat dishes.
- Dealing with fish dishes.
- The importance of the laws.
- The need for an age verification process.
- How to ask for ID.
- The age verification laws.
- The areas where excellence is required.
- How to take guests into consideration.
- Dealing with feedback.
- Announcing the changes that have been made.
- The importance of checklists.
- Where checklists should be used.
- What should appear in them.
- Who should be in charge of individual areas.
- Why teamwork is important.
- How to build a good team.
- How to hire the correct staff.
- How to create a positive working environment.
- The basics of the health and safety laws.
- How they apply to the restaurant.
- What to do when an incident occurs.
- What to do after an incident.
- To learn about different bacteria that cause food poisoning
- To understand the importance of restaurant sanitisation
- To learn how to keep food safe in storage
- To understand how to write a health and safety policy
- To learn about the different inspections that a restaurant may undergo
- To learn about the inspection process
- To learn about what to expect from the inspection process
- To understand the restaurant's obligations to comply with inspection results
- To understand the basics of POS systems
- To learn about POS system features
- To learn about the latest POS technology
- To understand how to choose a POS system for a restaurant
- To learn about hiring staff and management
- To learn about training employees
- To learn about writing an employee handbook
- To learn about creating an employee uniform
- To learn how to research a menu
- To learn basic guidelines for putting together a menu
- To understand the importance of being able to engineer a menu
- To learn how to price a menu correctly
- To learn about how to create a restaurant budget
- To learn how to cut food costs
- To understand how energy costs affect a restaurant's profits
- To learn about leasing restaurant equipment
- To understand the importance of training servers to upsell
- To understand the importance of having a comprehensive understanding of the menu
- To understand the importance of taking social cues when upselling products
- To learn about different types of upselling strategies
- To understand why entertainment and music licensing is necessary
- To learn about the different licensing agencies
- To understand entertainment and music licensing laws
- To learn about when you require licensing for live entertainment
- To understand how to find your brand's purpose
- To know what goes into a restaurant brand
- To learn how to create a mission statement for a restaurant
- To learn how to promote a restaurant to the masses
What our students have to say…
A great, simple and comprehensive course
A great, simple and comprehensive course that covers all the basics of restaurant and hospitality management.
The modules are easy to work through along with the various assignments and worksheets included. With the website saving your progress as you go, it’s quick and easy to return to where you left off making it very accessible and convenient.
Christopher Lynch – Belfast
Very interesting and it covered everything I need to know
I thoroughly enjoyed this whole course .. from start to finish. I found it all very interesting and it covered everything I need to know to kick start my career!
Thank you so much. I passed! Very good length of modules and great test at the end. Thanks again.
Rachael Mccallie – Glasgow
I recommend this course
Fantastic, really I recommend this course on Restaurant Management. Everything is very easy and detailed. I am very happy with my new Diploma.
I’m sure that will open more opportunities in the labour market.
Thank you so much for the support.
Amparo Santos – Erith
Thank you so much New Skills Academy, I can’t wait to start on my next course
New Skills Academy is by far the best ‘online course’ website! It is simple and easy to understand, yet informative and precise. I completed this course, well informed & knowledgeable.
One of the best aspects of choosing to study online, is that I could do all of this in the comfort of my own home, when it is most convenient for me. It also allows me to work this around my full time job. This diploma (Restaurant Service & Management) has opened up job opportunities for me.
I can now attach my certificate to my CV, as it sets me aside from other candidates. Thank you New Skills Academy! Highly recommended.
Charlotte Mayor – Blackpool
I am thoroughly enjoying doing my course
New Skills Academy is a great site to use for learning as it is easy to follow, the layout of the course work makes is very easy to understand and good to make notes from.
I am thoroughly enjoying doing my course and would definitely recommend this site to anyone who is looking to complete a course online.
Another good thing about doing a course on New Skills Academy is being able to apply for an NUS card as it gets you amazing deals on all sorts of shops and online stores that not a lot of sites would offer whilst completing a course online.
Jessica Gardiner – Manchester
Support team are really helpful, friendly and efficient!
A super user-friendly website, with very pertinent course content. Truly enjoyed the study material and the pace at which I could study was really great. I was delighted to receive my Diploma.
I had some technical problems along the way and contacted your student support team a couple of times and found them to be most helpful and the response time/turnaround was so quick.
I have also signed up to do the Events Planning Diploma and will definitely be studying further through your Academy. Once again a huge thank you – your support team are really helpful, friendly and efficient!!
Tanya Olsen – Cape Town, South Africa
Who can take the Restaurant Service & Management Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 21 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 21 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 21 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Restaurant Service & Management Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.