- Course Code: UKFEC16RBA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 12 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices / browsers
Retail Banking Course
Retail banking is increasing in popularity throughout the world as banks compete to take market share of private clients. Retail banking is unique and different to traditional banking, this type of banking focuses on the customer and their needs, putting packages and plans in place to ensure the clients financial needs are met at all times. Anyone already in the banking industry or anyone interesting in a career within the banking industry can gain insight and benefit from this information packed course.
Information on the Retail Banking Course
The retail banking course is an information packed online training course that you can access at any time of the day or night. This enables you to study at your own pace, either studying full time or working full time and studying in the evenings. During the course you have access to online support and as long as you have internet connection, you can use any device, so you can even study on the bus or tube on your way home from work each day.
On completion of the course, you will be required to complete and pass the multiple choice test. You have two chances to complete the test. In the event you don't pass the first time, you will have the chance to revisit your modules, go over the areas you feel you didn't know and then retake the test. Once you pass you will be able to download and print your certificate immediately. Your certificate can be posted to you at an additional charge, should you prefer.
What you will learn
This course is designed to provide you with all the knowledge and skills you need to be effective when it comes to retail banking. This is still a relatively new sector of the banking industry, so learning how it works and how to incorporate into your current bank can help you achieve success moving forward. Some of the things you can expect to learn include:
- Get an introduction into retail banking, understand what this type of banking is and why it is becoming so important to banks now and moving forward.
- Learn about the various financial systems and how they link to retail banking.
- Identify the different types of banking and banking channels.
- Understand the different retail banking products and how these differ from traditional banking products. What sets this apart from banking that has been used for years?
- Get an understanding on retail mortgages and loans and why this is important in today's market place.
- Learn about various banking services and how these relate to retail banking.
- Identify the different banking payment systems to improve customer experience and meet their unique banking and financial needs.
- This module will teach you about various banking operations which will be beneficial to you in the retail banking sector.
- Learn about Islamic banking, what it is and how it can benefit you.
- Get valuable insight into customer service and the importance thereof. Customer service can make the difference on whether the client opens an account with your bank or one of your competitors.
- Understand money laundering, what it is, how it is carried out and what to watch for to reduce the risk of this happening on your watch.
There are so many great benefits to completing the retail banking course online. Some of the benefits you can expect to take advantage of include:
- Study online from anywhere at any time.
- Use any device to study – computer, laptop, tablet or phone.
- Comprehensive course broken down into manageable modules, making it easier to study.
- Study at your own pace whether you choose to study full time or part time, complete the course in a matter of days or weeks, the choice is up to you and the time you have to dedicate to your studies.
- Enjoy the convenience of online support during your studies.
- Gain a lifetime access to all modules to revisit as and when needed.
- On successful completion instantly download and print your industry recognised certificate.
- All certificates are verifiable using their unique code.
- Definition of retail banking
- Brief history of the banking industry in the UK
- Features and benefits of retail banking
- Importance and role of financial systems
- Goals, objectives and products
- Role of financial instruments
- Financial markets, capital gains and liquidity
- Definition of banking and banks
- Different types of banks
- Retail, commercial and investment banking
- Building societies, central banks
- Overview of careers and job opportunities in the banking sector
- Type of Job Roles within the Retail Banking Sector
- Customer service and operational roles
- Entry Level Requirements for Customer-Service Roles in Retail Banking
- Unsecured and secured loans, housing loans
- Mortgage Services; fixed and variable rates
- Capped, discounted, offset mortgages, mortgage fees
- Tracker, cashback, and LTV rates
- Current and savings accounts
- Savings bonds and structured saving products
- Simple cash, basic, cash ISA accounts
- Easy access, regular deposit and fixed bonds
- Introduction to credit and debit cards
- A brief history of credit cards in the UK
- What is a credit card and how does it work as a payment mechanism
- How to calculate APR
- Remittances and fund transfers
- Types of funds transfers
- Online transfers and Faster Payment Service (FPS)
- Standing orders and direct debits
- Understanding the role of banks as financial intermediaries
- Mutual fund investments
- How mutual funds work, charges, costs
- ETFs, Gilts and Bond investments offered by retail banks
- Understanding ‘bancassurance' and its emergence in the UK
- Components of Bancassurance
- Finance and repayment products
- Depositor's credit and overdraft insurance
Module 11 : Banking Services in the Retail Sector Part III Gold, Safekeeping of Valuables, SIPP/Pension Funds, Payment of Utility Bills and Taxes, etc.
- Gold as foreign exchange, gold ETFs
- Safety deposit locker facility
- Payment of council taxes and bills
- Bacs and CHAPS payments
Module 12 : Banking Practices in the Retail Sector Part IV: Customer Relationship Management and Marketing of Banking Services
- Objectives of customer relationship
- Link between technology and customer services
- Key requirements and objectives of an effective customer relationship strategy
- Features and relevance of relationship banking
- Definition and overview of Islamic banking
- History and evolution of Islamic banking principles
- Types of contracts under Islamic banking
- Advantages and relevance of Islamic banking
- What is money laundering and why is it a crime?
- Different ways in which money can be laundered
- Why banks are vulnerable to money laundering activities
- Basel Committee recommendations for bank accounts
The material is very relevant
The course was very well structured and I have a clear idea from all subjects. All the subjects have examples and highlight very important information during the course.
It is suitable for my needs in improving my qualification and doing an online course which transmits all necessary information.
The material is very relevant to the day-to-day activities in a bank and show me how many options I have available inside the bank industry and which qualifications I need. I am very happy with it and I recommend everyone who has some curiosity to learn more about the banking sector.
Diogo Miranda – London
Who can take the Retail Banking Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 14 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 14 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 14 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Retail Banking Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 12 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.