- Course Code: UKVC18RDD
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Reporting accidents, injuries and occupational illness in the workplace allows organisations and authorities to learn how to identify and handle risks. Reports can inform future policy at both a local and national level.
In the UK, the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR) decrees how and when people must report specified “reportable instances” to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and local government authorities. This course provides an overview of RIDDOR from both a theoretical and practical perspective.
You Will Learn
- What RIDDOR is, its scope and the general criteria that determine whether an incident is reportable.
- The types of injuries you must report under RIDDOR including burns, amputations and “over-seven-day” injuries
- The occupational diseases and dangers you must report, including carpal tunnel syndrome, RSI and “near-misses”
- Who should make a RIDDOR report, how to file a report and the time frame in which you must submit the report
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are an employer, you will benefit from acquiring a background knowledge of RIDDOR because it covers all businesses and work activities
- If you are responsible for health and safety-related matters at work, knowing the key points contained within RIDDOR will give you the confidence to judge whether an incident is reportable
- If you are interested in occupational health, this course will give you a useful insight into how UK authorities investigate accidents, injuries and near-misses in the workplace
- This course will help you complete timely, useful reports in the event that a reportable incident occurs in your workplace
Who can take the RIDDOR Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the RIDDOR Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.