- Course Code: UKFPC16SGA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Everyone has the right to live a safe and happy life, free from the threat of abuse. Unfortunately, many people experience at least one incident of abuse at some point in their lives. Adults who are less able to protect themselves from harm are at increased risk. For example, elderly adults and those with disabilities are much more likely to experience mistreatment and neglect than those in the general population.
This course will provide you with an overview of what safeguarding means in practice and how vulnerable adults can be protected from abuse. The course addresses what can be done in the short term to help those in need and provides insight into the preventative measures that work to reduce the risk of abuse in the first place.
You Will Learn:-
- What “safeguarding” means, why it is so important and how the six key principles of safeguarding ensure that it works to prevent abuse.
- The different forms that abuse can take, including physical, emotional, sexual and financial.
- How to identify the key signs of abuse in adults.
- How to talk to someone if you suspect that they are being abused and how to report abuse to an authority or care professional.
- How to prevent abuse from occurring by taking measures such as building a zero-tolerance culture and including vulnerable adults in community events.
Benefits of Taking This Course:-
- You will be in a position to identify the most common signs of abuse in adults.
- If you work with vulnerable adults, this course will provide a valuable introduction to the main principles of safeguarding.
- You will be able to teach others how to spot the signs of abuse.
- You will be able to make sense of government policy relating to abuse and safeguarding and to appreciate media debates and discussions around the topic.
- You will gain an insight into the responsibilities that accompany health and social care roles, which may enable you to make an informed choice if you are looking to enter this field.
Who can take the Safeguarding Adults Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Safeguarding Adults Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.