- Course Code: UKFEC17SGB
- Location: Online
- Duration: 10 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices / browsers
Sage 50 Accounting for Beginners Diploma
The Sage 50 accounting software is one of the most popular accounting packages widely used in the UK as well as in other parts of the world. It is designed to offer a comprehensive set of account processing tools for small and medium sized businesses.
Benefits of Sage 50 Accounting for Beginners Diploma Course
- Sage 50 Accounting Software is a fast, efficient and powerful accounting and invoicing solution that is ideally suited for small businesses. It is particularly recommended (but not restricted) for businesses that employ roughly 5 to 99 employees.
- The software incorporates different versions for different levels of financial activity and is considered one of the most user-friendly accounting applications for SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises).
- Sage 50 is an intensive software package and in order to maximise the benefit, one would need to cover all aspects of the course in detail. It incorporates strong reporting features coupled with flexible tools for management, accounting as well as taxation.
- By choosing to study a comprehensive course on Sage 50, candidates can expect to accurately manage company invoicing, produce financial and sales reports as well as process VAT records.
- In addition, Sage 50 helps improve productivity and efficiency in a multi-user environment. Apart from creating different levels of security, Sage 50 also helps generate different reports including income statements, balance sheets and cash flows.
- Moreover, the latest version of Sage 50 (2016) is designed for user-friendly interaction, including quick registration, easy installation and instant activation. Users can expect to set up the software within minutes and the package is automatically updated with the latest legislation. Thus, users do not have to worry about having access to the latest version.
Who should consider learning the Features of Sage 50 Accounting?
- In-depth study and knowledge of different tools and features of the Sage 50 accounting software can help candidates add value to their team.
- Similarly, Sage 50 software is also ideal for those who own their own businesses and wish to become self-sufficient in managing their own accounting and invoicing and so on. Expertise in Sage 50 accounting software helps reduce reliance on external accountants.
- In addition, Sage 50 accounting software is recommended for those who wish to make a seamless transition from manual payroll processing to a computerised system. By opting to educate and update one’s skills in Sage 50, candidates can prove their ability to potential employers. The Sage 50 online course is suitable for individuals, business entrepreneurs and aspiring students who wish to learn the basics of computerised accounting and invoicing.
- A detailed working knowledge of Sage 50 can help aspirants gain confidence and help them provide a high standard of accounting services to companies.
- Candidates from all backgrounds and fields are free to learn the Sage 50 accounting course; it does not require any prerequisite academic qualifications. The only prerequisite condition is a basic working knowledge of numeracy, literacy and IT skills.
- An understanding of the purpose of accounting in business;
- A perception of the importance of international standards in accounting practices;
- The conceptual frameworks of basic accounting practices;
- Statutory bodies in the UK that monitor accounting practices and financial reporting;
- A brief history of Sage 50;
- The key differences between manual accounting systems and computerised software;
- A general overview and introduction to Sage 50;
- The advantages and significance of using Sage 50;
- How to access Sage 50 from the desktop;
- Introduction to classic and enhanced views;
- How Sage 50 helps business owners enjoy improved financial and accounting management (VAT, accounting, employee, investor, customer and supplier management);
- Enhanced features, including time management and diary integration.
Module 4 : Setting Up a New Company Entering Data for an Existing Company Navigating Practice and Demo Data
- How to install a new company onto Sage 50;
- How to access and enter details, including business name, address, financial year, currency and VAT details;
- How to enter information regarding an existing company;
- How to restore backup files;
- What are shortcut keys and how to use them in Sage 50;
- A description of the important features of Sage 50 desktop and how to use them;
- How to find and drill down on transactions and print reports;
- Toolbars in the Report Preview and Report Selection window;
- An understanding of the common terms used in accounting;
- What is a Chart of Accounts and what are the benefits;
- How to create, copy, modify, review and print the Chart of Accounts;
- How to add and delete charts in the Chart of Accounts;
- How to enter nominal records;
- An introduction to the double-entry bookkeeping method;
- The importance of banking records in business;
- How to create, edit and delete bank records;
- What is a nominal ledger and how to use it;
- How to plan customer and supplier codes;
- How to create and enter details for customers and suppliers;
- How to delete customer and supplier records;
- How to create recurring transaction entries;
- Bank/cash/credit card payments, receipts, transfers;
- How to process recurring transaction entries;
- How to create products and view sales activity;
- How to create sales invoices in Sage 50;
- The key differences between invoices, receipts and pro forma invoices.
- How to enter relevant details in the different fields, including description, quantity and price;
- How to enter order details in an invoice or credit note;
I felt this was a very positive experience
I use Sage 50 every day at work, but wanted a qualification on my CV to reflect this. I thought this course was well set out and very informative.
I really appreciated that the course is split into 10 modules as this made it very easy for me to stop and come back to when convenient. I found with work and 4 kids this was very helpful and with a good feature that it saved the place where I was so you could return at any time.
I must admit I was very surprised that I learnt new things and really glad I took the course. I would recommend this course to anyone thinking of using Sage for the first time or like me already use it daily. I really appreciated the fact that I used my tablet while taking the course.
I must be honest at 36 years old, this was my first course taken online, I was generally really surprised how easy to it was to order/book on line. Overall I felt this was a very positive experience for me I not only gained a qualification, I also gained confidence and have now book up 2 more courses.
Justine Pitman – Crewkerne, Somerset
I am happy I chose this course
Great beginners course easy to follow and get a certificate to show current or future employers 🙂
I highly recommend this course for beginners or as a refresher course. It is also beneficial for self-employed persons as it gives in depth knowledge of how to get the most out of the sage 50 package.
I am going to use this course to negotiate a pay rise. The certificate is very important to show you have an in depth knowledge of the sage 50 package which most accounts offices and small businesses use on a daily basis.
I am happy I chose this course to show my employer my skills.
Shazia Saddiq – Oxfordshire
Who can take the Sage 50 Accounting for Beginners Diploma course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 10 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 10 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Sage 50 Accounting for Beginners Diploma course?We estimate that the course will take about 10 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.