- Course Code: UKVC18SIA
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Sharps Injuries Awareness Certificate
Every year, over 100,000 people sustain sharps injuries at work. The majority of these individuals work in health and social care settings, but employees in other fields are also at risk. Sharps injuries can have long-lasting physical and psychological effects, so it is important to eliminate or reduce the likelihood of injury wherever possible.
In this course, you will learn how health and safety legislation should be implemented when working with sharps, how to create a safer work environment that reduces the risk of injury and how to respond to a sharps injury.
What You Will Learn
- What sharps injuries are, why they are dangerous, who is at risk and key pieces of health and safety legislation relevant to their prevention and management.
- How the Health and Safety (Sharp Instruments in Healthcare) Regulations 2013 protect workers from sharps injuries.
- How, why and when training employees in the safe use of sharps can reduce their risk of injury.
- What to do in the event of a sharps injury and what information employers need to record following an incident.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are an employer or supervisor in a setting where sharps are used, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law.
- Anyone who works with sharps will benefit from the information on safe working given in this course.
- Anyone responsible for first aid at work will benefit from understanding how sharps injuries occur and how they should be treated.
- Anyone responsible for conducting risk assessments in the workplace will benefit from understanding the risks posed by sharps and how they can be reduced.
Who can take the Sharps Injuries Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Sharps Injuries Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.