- Course Code: UKVC18SIC
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.5 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All modern browsers and devices
Sick Leave Certificate
Almost every employee will take sick leave at some point during their time with a company. This means that every business owner must be aware of the laws governing how and when workers can take sick leave, how much sick pay they can receive and how they should be welcomed back to work.
In this course, you will learn how to handle both long and short-term sick leave and how to ensure employees are treated fairly when they take time off due to injury and illness.
You Will Learn:
- The circumstances in which a worker is entitled to sick leave and Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), and how much SSP they can receive
- How self-certification and “fit notes” work and how to deal with long-term sick leave
- How to make reasonable adjustments for an employee who is returning to work following illness or injury, and how to welcome them back.
- How to comply with employment law when dismissing someone on grounds of illness or injury
- What to do if you suspect that an employee is fabricating illness or injury
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under UK employment law with regards to managing illness and injury
- If you work in an HR role, this course will help you work with others in your organisation to devise appropriate sick leave policies
- If you are a worker, this course will provide you with an overview of your right to sick pay and sick leave
- If you are a manager, this course will help you communicate effectively with employees who have been on sick leave and work with them to ease their transition back into the workplace
Who can take the Sick Leave Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Sick Leave Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.