- Course Code: UKVC19SPT
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Speech Therapist Introduction Certificate
Being able to communicate and express yourself through words is something that most of us take for granted. However, for approximately 20% of the population, communication is exceptionally difficult.
These individuals struggle with speech or language disorders affecting their ability to understand or deliver messages. Disorders like this impact every area of a person’s life. Thankfully, in most cases, early intervention and treatment can help.
This course gives you an introduction to speech therapy with content spread out over two modules.
We begin by talking about speech and language therapy as a profession, focusing on how you can obtain work in that field though discussions about relevant skills and required education.
Our second module talks about specific speech and language disorders, as well as highlighting the characteristics of good speech.
You Will Learn:
- The main skills that speech and language therapists must perfect before entering the field of speech therapy
- The specific role that a speech and language therapist plays in helping children and adults who are experiencing trouble communicating
- The characteristics of good speech, as well as how they can be used to identify speech disorders
- Detailed information about the most common speech disorders that you may see
- Information about receptive and expressive language difficulties, as well as the differences between the two
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learning about the types of clients that speech and language therapists work with
- Understanding the importance of diagnosing and treating speech and language problems as early as possible
- Learning more about the various undergraduate and post-graduate career training options that are available to you
- If you are interested in a career as a speech and language therapist, learning more about what you can expect when you enter the field professionally
- If you are a parent, you can learn more about the types of issues that children may struggle with when acquiring speech and language skills
Who can take the Speech Therapist Introduction Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Speech Therapist Introduction Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.