- Course Code: UKVC18SOS
- Location: Online
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Speeding on Site Awareness Certificate
Speeding needs to be carefully managed on both public highways and in the workplace. Every year, several people die on UK construction sites in vehicle-related accidents and dozens more are injured.
Controlling vehicle speed and movement should be a key priority for anyone responsible for the health and safety of those on site. This course will outline the steps you must take when structuring a site, alerting people to hazards and encouraging workers and visitors to drive at a safe speed.
You Will Learn
- The importance of controlling the speed of vehicles on a work site and what employers and workers must do to comply with relevant health and safety law.
- How and when speed limits are useful in controlling speed, how to choose an appropriate speed limit and how to keep pedestrians away from traffic.
- How to use traffic calming measures to reduce the speed at which traffic moves around a site.
- How to draw up and implement a safe driving policy and how training can reduce or eliminate speed-related incidents at work.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- If you are responsible for managing safety risks in your workplace, this course will help you consider and manage risks posed by speeding vehicles.
- If you work on a site with vehicles, this course will alert you to potential risks caused by speeding and how to mitigate them.
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under the law with regards to traffic management on site.
- If you are responsible for training people who work in dangerous environments, this course will help you ensure that you cover important information workers need to know.
Who can take the Speeding on Site Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 4 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 4 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 4 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Speeding on Site Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 2.5 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.