- Course Code: UKVC20SSO
- Location: Online
- Duration: 1.25 hours
- Cost: £99.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Staying Safe Online
Today’s teenagers and youngsters are extremely savvy internet users. They know how to use the internet for a variety of things, including research, downloading study material, playing games, watching movies and chatting with their friends.
However, despite their expertise with the internet, it is important for them to practise caution while online. Extra vigilance and awareness are needed to keep themselves safe from numerous online risks.
Adolescents may experience risks from the internet in a number of different ways, without even being consciously aware of it.
But by safeguarding themselves, they can protect their personal, physical and financial safety.
What You Will Learn:
- Why the internet is here to stay and why young people are at higher risk
- How adolescents are exposed to a number of different risks on a daily basis
- How to protect yourself from the dangers of online radicalisation
- How you should practise safe surfing to protect yourself from a variety of risks
- How to protect financial information, credit cards and bank accounts online
- How to practise safe online chatting and how to keep your Instagram extra secure
Benefits of the Course:
- You will learn the rules of responsible online behaviour or safe surfing
- You can keep yourself safe from online extremism by recognising danger signals
- You will learn how to conduct commercial transactions without revealing important financial information to potential fraudsters
- You will learn to navigate the internet without making yourself vulnerable to cyberstalkers and sexual predators
While the internet offers a number of advantages, it’s also a place where we need to be very careful. Adolescents are in the process of transitioning to adulthood and this is the right time to learn about staying safe online.
Who can take the Staying Safe Online Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 2 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 2 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 2 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Staying Safe Online Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 1.25 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.