- Course Code: UKVC18SLS
- Location: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Cost: £299.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers and devices
Stepladder Safety Course Description
Workplace accidents can have serious consequences for both the casualty and their organisation. It is important that both employees and their employers understand the risks associated with working from height and that they know how to use equipment in a safe, appropriate manner. An individual can sustain an injury falling just a couple of metres. They can also suffer a back injury if they fail to take precautions when moving and positioning equipment.
Stepladders are used frequently in the workplace, so it is essential that employees know when and how to use them. This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the risks associated with stepladders, how to put in place effective precautionary measures and how to ensure that equipment is fit for purpose. Not all accidents are preventable, but when everyone knows how to work safely, the majority of incidents can be avoided.
You Will Learn:
- Why you need to take the risk of accidents and injury seriously and why the proper use of stepladders should be of concern to all employees and employers.
- How to assess whether a stepladder is the most appropriate form of equipment for a task and the factors you must take into consideration when conducting a risk assessment.
- How to check that a stepladder is fit for purpose, how to spot the signs that indicate it should be withdrawn from use and how to ensure that a faulty piece of equipment is not used by mistake.
- What you need to remember when working with a stepladder, including how to position your body and work effectively with tools whilst carrying out a task.
- How to move and store a stepladder safely and securely, taking into account its material, intended purpose and points of structural vulnerability.
Benefits Of Taking This Course:
- You will be able to use a stepladder confidently and safely, both at home and in the workplace.
- You will be able to offer guidance to others who are inexperienced in stepladder use.
- You will have a greater understanding of health and safety concerns at work, which is especially beneficial if you are in a management or HR role.
- You will be in a position to advise your organisation regarding stepladder and work at height policies, which may make an appreciable difference to the number of accidents recorded at your place of work.
Who can take the Step Ladder Safety Awareness Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 5 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 5 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Step Ladder Safety Awareness Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.