- Course Code: UKVC19SFW
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.75 hours
- Cost: £49.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Stray and Feral Welfare Management Certificate
There are millions of stray and feral animals in the UK, making it a major concern, especially among animal lovers. Communities of stray and feral animals can pose a threat to the country’s wildlife, not to mention its domestic pet population.
Learning more about why these animals become stray or feral along with recommended solutions can go a long way to help you ensure the welfare of stray and feral animals in your area.
This course introduces you to the idea of stray and feral welfare management. We begin by talking about the difference between stray and feral animals. This knowledge gives you a better idea of how to approach the situation should you encounter a seemingly wild cat or dog.
A discussion of the problem and possible solutions follows. Finally, we end the course by giving you practical tips you can use should you encounter a stray or feral animal.
You Will Learn:
- The difference between a stray animal and a feral one
- The types of animals that can be rehabilitated and successfully returned to domestic life
- The reason for the stray and feral animal population problem facing the UK
- How stray and feral animals pose a risk to domestic pets and humans
- Information about what to do should you encounter a stray or feral animal
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- How stray and feral animals pose a risk to domestic pets and Gain a thorough understanding of the importance of spaying and neutering animals
- Learn what to do if you are faced with a stay or feral animal
- If you are concerned about the stray and feral animal population in the UK, learn more about why it exists and what steps you can take to help
- If you are thinking about fostering, adopting, or volunteering with animals, learn about the special needs and concerns that surround stray and feral creatures
- If you are interested in a career working with animals, learn about the specific needs stray and feral ones have
Who can take the Stray and Feral Welfare Management Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Stray and Feral Welfare Management Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.