- Course Code: UKVC19TSL
- Location: Online
- Duration: 0.75 hours
- Cost: £49.00
- Qualification: All modern browsers and devices
- Course Access: 12 months
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL)
If you are passionate about the English language and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others, teaching may be the perfect career choice for you. In particular, you may excel at teaching English as a second language to children and adults. While you do not need a specialised degree in English to pursue jobs in this field, it is a good idea to have some formal training.
This course gives you an overview of teaching English as a second language, focusing on TESOL training to keep your career options open. Our course begins by talking about the various acronyms you may encounter when looking into your options for teaching English as a second language. We conclude by giving you practical tips and strategies you can use to make your lessons more engaging for students of all ages.
You Will Learn:
- The importance of using authentic materials in your lessons and how to select the most relevant ones
- More about the three main methods used to teach English to non-native speakers
- What a learner-based approach to lesson planning is and why it is important
- The importance of context when introducing new words or concepts to students
- How to successfully introduce vocabulary words to students of all ages
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Learn about the difference between TESOL, TEFL and CELTA training
- Understand what kind of supportive materials you should incorporate into your lessons
- Learn more about what is involved in teaching English to foreign-language speakers, which can help guide career decisions for students uncertain about post-secondary training
- If you are a teacher, learn more about the strategies others recommend using when educating ESL students
- If you have an ESL student in your life, learn more about how they are learning English so you can help support them at home
Who can take the Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 1 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all 1 modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the 1 modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%.
What happens if I fail the test?If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it. If you would prefer us to post you a certificate to a UK address, there will be an admin charge of £10 (certificates sent internationally may cost more).
How can I pay?You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Solo cards or PayPal account to pay for the online course. Our site uses the latest SSL encryption to ensure your safety. All payments are handled securely by PayPal.
How long after payment can I begin the course?You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You will create your login details during the checkout process. We will also send you an email confirming your login details.
How long does it take to complete the Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate course?We estimate that the course will take about 0.75 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
How long is my certificate valid for?Once you have been awarded your certificate it is valid for life. The certificate does not expire or need renewing.